Manchester school board to invite Hooksett and Candia to sit on committee
The board's Curriculum and Instruction Committee voted unanimously on Tuesday to send letters to the school boards of the towns, inviting each to select a member to join the committee.
Parents in Hooksett and Candia have criticized large class sizes and other issues in Manchester high schools.
"I think it's always been important to include them in the discussion, but now is a great time to take a step forward in moving in that direction," she said. "We want to include them as much as possible in the curriculum discussion. That would affect Candia and Hooksett more than anything."
"There has always been an open invitation to any member of the boards to come, but this would be an official invitation, to have one of their members be standing members," Connors said.
The district gets about $7 million in tuition revenue from its sending towns, although this amount has declined since last year as Hooksett began sending students elsewhere.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Manchester's Holy Family Academy named School of Excellence - 0
- Weare teen to compete in Bible bee - 0
- More churches reporting scam - 0
- Bishop of Rochester, N.Y., will be homilist for annual Red Mass - 0
- Religion Briefs: Divorce and separation support group meets in Goffstown - 0
- Annual dedication of Starr Memorial Garden scheduled - 0
- Bethany Covenant Church in Bedford celebrates 125 years, looks toward future - 0
- Season of Epsom Bible Church AWANA Clubs to begin - 0
- St. Michael's church in Exeter to offer financial course - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Scots spurn independence, vote to stay in the United Kingdom - 0
- Roger Brown's First and 10: Answers forthcoming - 0
- NHMS chief Gappens is on board with the Chase changes - 0
- Another View -- Ben Rose: How NH's John Stark helped defeat the British at Saratoga - 0
- Celebrating Claremont: A 250th birthday party - 0
- Trashed lunches: Brownies, broccoli and bucks - 6
- Hampstead's Suess ready for Whelen Modified race - 0
- College Football: Big Green kick off season vs. Cent. Connecticut - 0
- Son says shooting of mom during DEA raid was a mistake - 10
Supporters eager for Hillary's return to NH
Manchester family heartbroken after finding lost kitten was adopted from shelter, family refuses to return it