Manchester school board to invite Hooksett and Candia to sit on committee
The board's Curriculum and Instruction Committee voted unanimously on Tuesday to send letters to the school boards of the towns, inviting each to select a member to join the committee.
Parents in Hooksett and Candia have criticized large class sizes and other issues in Manchester high schools.
"I think it's always been important to include them in the discussion, but now is a great time to take a step forward in moving in that direction," she said. "We want to include them as much as possible in the curriculum discussion. That would affect Candia and Hooksett more than anything."
"There has always been an open invitation to any member of the boards to come, but this would be an official invitation, to have one of their members be standing members," Connors said.
The district gets about $7 million in tuition revenue from its sending towns, although this amount has declined since last year as Hooksett began sending students elsewhere.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Nashua electorate to decide if inflation change is worth it - 0
- Derry's tax rate drops as property valuations increase - 0
- Derry's property tax rate drops - 0
- Officials say old Hudson library hemorrhaging money - 0
- AG sued over documents in former Rockingham County attorney case - 5
- Town tax rate about to get lower - 0
- Derry Councilors vote to change starting time of meetings: earlier time will be tried for a month - 0
- Police want to know what Goffstown stakeholders think - 0
- Few attend Derry’s meet and greet for new administrator - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- NHIAA Cross Country: Moskowitz, Kimball primed for Meet of Champions battle - 0
- Salem coach Rich has seen playoff runs from both sidelines - 0
- Monarchs' Schultz leads by example - 0
- Manchester Marathon day to draw about 1,700 runners - 0
- Roger Brown's First and 10: Londonderry vs. Salem is a playoff contest - 0
- Another View - Jeanne Shaheen: What it means to put New Hampshire first - 2
- Another View -- Scott Brown: To change direction, we need to change senators - 6
- Patricia LaFrance: For Hillsborough County Attorney - 1
- Misleading women: Does Kuster think they're bad at math? - 6
Manchester pub crawl leads to arrest of four