Judge refuses to intervene in Nashua Historical Society dispute
Romano, along with select members of the Nashua Historical Society, then filed a motion at Hillsborough County Superior Court seeking preliminary and permanent injunctive relief directing the society to reinstate her as head of the group.
This week, a court order was issued by Nicolosi dismissing Romano's petition.
Romano said Wednesday that the organization has remained divided, contending she received resistance and was let go after trying to push for more accountability and transparency within the society's operations.
Attorney Francis Murphy, legal counsel for Romano, said his client was improperly removed from office in the wake of escalating conflicts over how to manage the organization.
"We gave a basis for the court to act consistently with its authority, and the court chose otherwise," he said. "The court has decided that the rule of law does not apply to nonprofits."
Since the court will not intervene, Murphy said, the society may continue to ignore the bylaws even if they are amended at the upcoming annual election.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Efforts continue to make Zach Tompkins Field a reality in Hudson - 0
- Nashua's Carroll sets sights on 2015 mayoral run - 0
- Hudson selectmen chastise consultant over project - 0
- Despite damage to roads, FEMA is not an option in Winchester - 0
- Manchester waives right to buy Millyard building - 0
- Still no budget in Nashua - 0
- Derry councilors discuss putting limits on skyline - 0
- Conservation transaction could be postponed as Londonderry officials debate stewardship - 0
- Nevins developer releases Londonderry from walking trail easement - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Another View -- Jayne Millerick: Dems scaring women by misleading them on contraception - 0
- Basket case: Saga of a supermarket - 2
- Patriots Notebook: Ongoing renovations in Foxborough - 0
- Three years later, investigation continues into homicide of Celina Cass - 0
- Nashua celebration in the works for Medal of Honor recipient - 0
- Fisher Cats down Senators in road trip opener - 0
- No water for Manchester sewer bill scofflaws? - 0
- Manchester Crimewatch: Defense attorney seeks home confinement for drug addict - 0
- Cheshire Historical Society receives nearly $1 million - 0
Market Basket walkout a future case study
UPDATED: Thousands of Market Basket employees rally; company board issues statement on purchase offer, reaffirms support for new CEOs
Basket case: Saga of a supermarket
Mother says Abigail in 'deteriorated' health