Judge refuses to intervene in Nashua Historical Society dispute
Romano, along with select members of the Nashua Historical Society, then filed a motion at Hillsborough County Superior Court seeking preliminary and permanent injunctive relief directing the society to reinstate her as head of the group.
This week, a court order was issued by Nicolosi dismissing Romano's petition.
Romano said Wednesday that the organization has remained divided, contending she received resistance and was let go after trying to push for more accountability and transparency within the society's operations.
Attorney Francis Murphy, legal counsel for Romano, said his client was improperly removed from office in the wake of escalating conflicts over how to manage the organization.
"We gave a basis for the court to act consistently with its authority, and the court chose otherwise," he said. "The court has decided that the rule of law does not apply to nonprofits."
Since the court will not intervene, Murphy said, the society may continue to ignore the bylaws even if they are amended at the upcoming annual election.
READER COMMENTS: 1
- A faithful restoration of a Manchester cathedral - 4
- Calender of religious events in the state - 0
- South African chorus at Portsmouth church - 0
- Collection this weekend to help religious communities address a retirement shortfall - 0
- Interfaith Women of NH at Temple Adath Yeshurun - 0
- Candlelight Advent concert Tuesday night at Saint Raphael Church in Manchester - 0
- Keene churches increase winter breakfasts this year - 0
- Pope to visit U.S. next year - 0
- St. Margaret of Scotland in Conway to celebrate the Kirkin' of the Tartan - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- State House Dome: Just past Concord session a mixed bag - 0
- Monarchs squeak by Bruins - 0
- Memorial hockey shuts out Trinity - 0
- Dover's Parratto a national champion - 0
- UNH defense comes up big against Redbirds - 0
- St. Anselm men knock off Post - 0
- Leadership, defense made Katie Bishop, of Conway, an All-American - 0
- Jet menace faltered under Rex - 0
- Strong start lifts Bedford to win - 0
UNH loses to Illinois State
A new era for Nashua's police force
Cyber security a fear in NH, too
Nashua police left rattled by tot's death
Haylee Ann-Marie Patten
'Everybody was extremely fortunate'