Judge refuses to intervene in Nashua Historical Society dispute
Romano, along with select members of the Nashua Historical Society, then filed a motion at Hillsborough County Superior Court seeking preliminary and permanent injunctive relief directing the society to reinstate her as head of the group.
This week, a court order was issued by Nicolosi dismissing Romano's petition.
Romano said Wednesday that the organization has remained divided, contending she received resistance and was let go after trying to push for more accountability and transparency within the society's operations.
Attorney Francis Murphy, legal counsel for Romano, said his client was improperly removed from office in the wake of escalating conflicts over how to manage the organization.
"We gave a basis for the court to act consistently with its authority, and the court chose otherwise," he said. "The court has decided that the rule of law does not apply to nonprofits."
Since the court will not intervene, Murphy said, the society may continue to ignore the bylaws even if they are amended at the upcoming annual election.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- House fails to override three Gov. Hassan vetoes - 0
- Governor to nominate three to the bench - 0
- State revenues slightly ahead for August - 0
- Hassan says NH's high workers' comp costs a burden - 0
- Executive Council approves railroad contract for Milford - 0
- Executive Council to consider raising dollar threshold for contracts - 0
- GOP to Hassan: What taxes would you raise? - 0
- NH Republicans push for 2014 fiscal budget figures - 0
- State Sen. David Boutin apologizes for lapse in judgment - 17
- Body found under Manchester bridge identified as local woman - 0
- Chester deputy fire chief jailed for allegedly violating restraining order - 0
- Manchester police release photos of men they believe robbed mother, daughters at local Holiday Inn - 0
- Scots spurn independence, vote to stay in the United Kingdom - 1
- Roger Brown's First and 10: Answers forthcoming - 0
- NHMS chief Gappens is on board with the Chase changes - 0
- Another View -- Ben Rose: How NH's John Stark helped defeat the British at Saratoga - 1
- Celebrating Claremont: A 250th birthday party - 0
- Trashed lunches: Brownies, broccoli and bucks - 7
Manchester family heartbroken after finding lost kitten was adopted from shelter, family refuses to return itREADER COMMENTS: 0
Manchester police release photos of men they believe robbed mother, daughters at local Holiday Inn
Supporters eager for Hillary's return to NH
Manchester family heartbroken after finding lost kitten was adopted from shelter, family refuses to return it