Judge refuses to intervene in Nashua Historical Society dispute
Romano, along with select members of the Nashua Historical Society, then filed a motion at Hillsborough County Superior Court seeking preliminary and permanent injunctive relief directing the society to reinstate her as head of the group.
This week, a court order was issued by Nicolosi dismissing Romano's petition.
Romano said Wednesday that the organization has remained divided, contending she received resistance and was let go after trying to push for more accountability and transparency within the society's operations.
Attorney Francis Murphy, legal counsel for Romano, said his client was improperly removed from office in the wake of escalating conflicts over how to manage the organization.
"We gave a basis for the court to act consistently with its authority, and the court chose otherwise," he said. "The court has decided that the rule of law does not apply to nonprofits."
Since the court will not intervene, Murphy said, the society may continue to ignore the bylaws even if they are amended at the upcoming annual election.
READER COMMENTS: 27
- A mom's bail: Getting it right - 0
- Clooney gets it: Sony attack was not a 'crime' - 12
- Proof of Santa here: Hooksett's Dick Marshall, for one - 0
- Christmas spirit: Do you have more than a homeless man? - 1
- The Sony hack: Kim's judgment of Obama - 47
- Obama gets smoked: Castros celebrate in Havana - 38
- On naming the victim: It is Kibby's story now - 0
- After Newtown: A gun rights revival - 39
- Vermont's disaster: An Obamedy of errors - 15
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Two Manchester women arrested in separate shoplifting incidents in Hooksett - 1
- Maine police search car belonging to husband of Londonderry shooting victim - 0
- Man arrested after chase, threatening to shoot police in Bow - 0
- Good Samaritan pins Manchester purse snatcher - 0
- Homeless man who saved woman from river: 'I don't consider myself a hero' - 9
- High School Basketball: Rivalries renewed in QCIBT - 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: Will they get everything on their list? - 0
- Tuohy brothers add new restaurant in familiar spot - 0
- New Horizons volunteers deliver groceries and good cheer, making Christmas special - 0
Londonderry schools placed on lockdown after soldier's unplanned visit to high school causes alarm
Police say woman tried to steal 15 iPads