Home » News » Public Safety
Seabrook fire leads to 'death investigation'
Senior Assistant Attorney General Jeffery Strelzin would not confirm whether officials consider the death a homicide.
Strelzin said he expects more information could be available today.
Deputy Fire Chief Koko Perkin said the homeowner, Michael “Monk” O’Neill, saw the fire from across the street and tried to get back into the home before he was pulled away by a DirecTV worker performing an installation in the neighborhood.
Perkins said he didn’t know if the cats made it out of the fire.
A medical examiner was called and could be seen evaluating the interior of the trailer at 50 B St. through the afternoon.
Perkins said mobile homes “trap a lot of heat,” which caused the mobile home to fully ignite within “about seven minutes.” Perkins said there was a high volume of items within the home. That made it “pretty hard negotiating in there.”
He refused to say whether any potential causes have been ruled out or whether foul play was involved.
The home is located in a park of manufactured and mobile homes off Lafayette Road behind Uncle Hilde’s Lumber Outlet and a strip mall containing the Honey Pot Bar and Lounge and Linda’s Breakfast.
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Abby says it's incredible to be home; mom tells TODAY daughter did not run away - 9
- Dozens of ill Keith Urban fans treated at concert near Boston - 0
- Five hikers rescued in separate incidents Saturday - 2
- Powerboat hits canoe on Winnipesaukee - 5
- Police search for driver in Hollis hit-and-run - 1
- Canoe, powerboat collide on Lake Winnipesaukee - 0
- Brothers escape being hit by circling boat - 1
- Cornish truck driver charged in fatal Merrimack crash - 3
- Truck flips on I-93 at Exit 4 on-ramp in Londonderry - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Charles M. Arlinghaus: Taxation without representation again? - 0
- Distracted legislating: Our baseless cellphone ban - 0
- Another View -- Betsy McCaughey: Our free lunch President - 0
- Another View -- Karlyn Borysenko: Workplace bullying is a serious problem, governor - 0
- Workplace abuse: Governor gets one right - 0
- Red Sox pull Lester from Wednesday start amid trade rumors - 0
- Accused Abby kidnapper Kibby had past minor brushes with police - 0
- Police say youths at New Boston underage drinking party resisted arrest - 1
- Man hospitalized following Rochester shooting; suspect still at large - 0
Win tickets to see ZZ Top
Win tickets to see the Pretty Reckless
Market Basket community waits and watches
Abby's alleged kidnapper held on $1M bail
Win tickets to see Ziggy Marley
Dover man sought in Rochester shooting
Supporters are now 'Abby Strong'
Canobie Lake Park shuts down popular ride