Scott Brown: NH needs a senator not beholden to President or party
People tell me they believe we are moving in the wrong direction. They’re concerned about our future, and they’ve lost faith in the politicians who are supposed to be fighting for our priorities — not those of the special interests in Washington, D.C.
They want a government that doesn’t spend more than it takes in.
They want a country that is respected again around the world.
But most of all, they want a health care system that works for New Hampshire. Whether it’s on a main street or in a living room, a bar, a restaurant or a diner, the message has been the same: Obamacare is not working. People are angry that millions — including more than 20,000 in New Hampshire alone — have received letters of cancellations notifying them their old plan is no longer valid.
A “disaster” is what a top official at one of New Hampshire’s leading hospitals called the new health care law, and he pointed out just last week that many people in our state were forced onto insurance that no longer covers care at the hospital they’ve been going to for decades. On top of that, another recent report indicated that smaller states like New Hampshire would be particularly hard hit by skyrocketing premiums under Obamacare.
READER COMMENTS: 4
- Rockingham County attorney candidates talk leadership at forum - 3
- Salem town manager dispute still not settled - 0
- At meeting, no resistance to tax cap amendment proposal - 1
- SNHU and NHIA say they’ll delay merger - 2
- Derry council’s town administrator applicant deadline passes - 0
- Rockingham County Attorney race forum set - 0
- Tree talk divides Nashua officials - 0
- Bridge Street project developers in Nashua to seek alternative financing - 0
- Nashua aldermen seeking developers for downtown area - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Officials hire principal for Golden Brook school - 0
- Seniors help students start year on the right foot, with the write stuff - 0
- Derry councilors select semi-finalists for town admin job - 0
- Plaistow begins search for new police chief - 0
- Without an exemption, Goffstown resident must pay high taxes on solar energy panels - 1
- Upcoming selectmen's meeting stirring controversy among Bow's firefighters - 1
- Manchester police to hold ‘Coffee with a Cop’ event - 0
- Manchester police officer finds gun in cyclist’s backpack - 2
- President Obama: Rescue attempt of NH-based journalist James Foley failed - 6
Derry to NH: Take Exit 4A
Editorial: Garcia gains Lambert lies