Scott Brown: NH needs a senator not beholden to President or party
People tell me they believe we are moving in the wrong direction. They’re concerned about our future, and they’ve lost faith in the politicians who are supposed to be fighting for our priorities — not those of the special interests in Washington, D.C.
They want a government that doesn’t spend more than it takes in.
They want a country that is respected again around the world.
But most of all, they want a health care system that works for New Hampshire. Whether it’s on a main street or in a living room, a bar, a restaurant or a diner, the message has been the same: Obamacare is not working. People are angry that millions — including more than 20,000 in New Hampshire alone — have received letters of cancellations notifying them their old plan is no longer valid.
A “disaster” is what a top official at one of New Hampshire’s leading hospitals called the new health care law, and he pointed out just last week that many people in our state were forced onto insurance that no longer covers care at the hospital they’ve been going to for decades. On top of that, another recent report indicated that smaller states like New Hampshire would be particularly hard hit by skyrocketing premiums under Obamacare.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Another View -- Jayne Millerick: Dems scaring women by misleading them on contraception - 51
- Another View -- Charles Lane: Obamacare and the Constitution - 22
- John Stossel: Why are we giving the police so much power? - 1
- George Will: In California, Goldwater 2.0 - 2
- Jonah Goldberg: Will big business become the left's faithful lapdog? - 2
- Another View -- Gilles Bissonnette: To keep Libertarians off the ballot, NH violates their rights - 2
- Charles Arlinghaus: NH's counterweight to a strong central government - 2
- Thomas Sowell: Playing the race card at the border - 2
- Another View -- John Dumais: Mandatory GMO labeling is all cost, no benefit - 6
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Real estate transfer tax proposal pulled off table - 0
- Protesting information: Picket sign o' the times - 0
- Another View -- Mike Biundo: Where is Shaheen's gas price outrage now? - 0
- Seabrook's message: No one above the law here - 0
- Joe McQuaid's Publisher's Notebook: A humbling — and inspiring — event - 0
- Developer says proposed LNG plant in Groveton 'on hold' - 0
- Motivation Matters: 'Giving 110 percent' says more than you think - 0
- Know the Law: Do I need a prenup? - 0
- Life's just a great big game for Dan Yarrington - 0
Win tickets to see Cher's D2K Tour
E-cigarettes find a market in NH
Protesting workers nix Market Basket amnesty
Faith and freedom; a near-martyr comes to NH
Powerboat hits canoe on Winnipesaukee