Sep 4, 2014
Aug 28, 2014
Aug 21, 2014
Aug 14, 2014
Man wakes to being stabbed in Rochester, search leads to arrest
Police said a 19-year-old man, whose name they did not release, woke up just before 2 a.m. at his 21 First St. home because Lashate Daniel Word, 20, was stabbing him. The victim was able to fend off his attacker, but not before suffering cuts and puncture wounds to his neck, arms, torso and legs.
The victim was transported to the hospital for treatment of injuries police describe as not life-threatening. He identified Wood as his assailant who fled the scene, police said.
A state police K9 was brought in to try and track down Word but was unable to find him.
A little after 6 a.m. Friday morning, police received a call from Word's mother reporting he was at her 12 Silver St., Apt A. residence, and that he was out of control. Police said Word was gone by the time officers arrived, but they checked the area, found him on Winter Street and arrested him.
Word is charged with first-degree assault; criminal threatening, three counts; simple assault and attempted simple assault; resisting arrest or detention, two counts; criminal mischief, three counts, and possession of a controlled/narcotic drug.
He is being held without bail pending a hearing later today in 7th Circuit Court, Rochester District Division.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Possible negotiated plea for Nashua dad accused of negligent homicide in son's death - 0
- Amherst man facing charges in August Merrimack accident - 0
- Attorney claims illegal phone seizure following Christmas Eve accident that killed Brookline mom - 0
- Nashua couple's minivan stolen with toddler in back seat - 9
- Pelham store robbed Saturday - 0
- Woman charged with attacking fiancé, threatening him with a gun - 0
- Two months later, still no answers in killing near Stinson Lake - 0
- Man cited for OHRV use in wetland area in Stewartstown - 0
- $25M suit filed against jail, police by man paralyzed in custody - 4
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Senate sustains Hassan veto of bill to revamp juvenile justice system - 0
- Dan Tuohy's Granite Status: Brown calls on Shaheen to back bill targeting ISIS - 4
- Traffic backed up a mile in Hampton tractor-trailer accident - 0
- Woman shot during Manchester drug raid is identified - 0
- Citizen's Police Academy in Manchester set for Oct. 1 - 0
- NHIAA Football Power Poll; Who's No. 1 this week? - 0
- Heating unit cause of blaze in Manchester - 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: Belichick's 200th was a trademark triumph - 0
- MarketReach makes move to Nashua - 0
In 2nd District race, Garcia bucks Obamacare
Attorney claims illegal phone seizure following Christmas Eve accident that killed Brookline mom
Find the hidden cash stashed downtown
Strategery: A war by any other name
Freeh dumb: Favoritism in Vt.?
Lawyer wants cellphone evidence thrown out
Mexican man pleads guilty in international conspiracy to traffic hundreds of pounds of cocaine
20140915-Adam Sandler reflects on his and Chris Farley’s firing from ‘SNL': ‘It hurt a lot’
Your Turn, NH -- Ted Menswar Jr.: How Manchester pulled together to honor one of its greats
- Mass. Supreme Judicial Court has found upskirt photos taken on a subway aren't illegal. Should such voyeurism be a crime?
- Total Votes: 917