Home » News » Public Safety
Car, oil truck collision under investigation in Rochester
A MIDDLETON MAN was injured Friday morning when an oil truck backed into his car on Chestnut Hill Road./Courtesy Photo
Jared Dixon, 23, was treated for injuries police describe as not life-threatening. His heavily damaged 2002 Hyundai Elantra was towed from the scene.
According to a preliminary police investigation, Dixon was traveling north on Chestnut Hill Road about 8:50 a.m. when his car was struck by a 2008 Kenworth oil truck being operated by Dana Ferguson, 45, of Union.
Ferguson was backing the truck into a driveway to make a delivery when the truck collided with Dixon's car, police said.
Chestnut Hill Road was closed for about 30 minutes while the crash was investigated and the wreckage cleared.
The collision remains under investigation.
Police are asking anyone with information about the crash to contact Master Patrol Officer John Harding at 330-7127. To remain anonymous, individuals should call Rochester Crime Line at 335-6500 or text CRIMES (274637) with TEXT4CASH + your tip in the body of the text. Cash rewards are offered for information leading to an arrest.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Londonderry family fair returns but child safety is still the theme - 0
- Girl, grandmother escape fire in Rochester home with no detectors - 0
- Motorcyclist in serious condition after crash in Rochester - 0
- Manchester police officers to be honored for work in unresolved West Side stabbing death - 5
- Authorities say smoking ignited oxygen in Derry apartment building fire - 1
- Motorcyclist flown to Maine hospital following crash on Route 125 - 0
- Londonderry police to open station to residents - 0
- Affair, threats alleged in Weare police chief investigation - 11
- Cause of 3-alarm Derry fire remains under investigation - 0
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Manchester family heartbroken after finding lost kitten was adopted from shelter, family refuses to return it - 2
- Body found under Manchester bridge identified as local woman - 0
- Chester deputy fire chief jailed for allegedly violating restraining order - 1
- Manchester police release photos of men they believe robbed mother, daughters at local Holiday Inn - 0
- Scots spurn independence, vote to stay in the United Kingdom - 1
- Roger Brown's First and 10: Answers forthcoming - 0
- NHMS chief Gappens is on board with the Chase changes - 0
- Another View -- Ben Rose: How NH's John Stark helped defeat the British at Saratoga - 1
- Celebrating Claremont: A 250th birthday party - 0
Manchester family heartbroken after finding lost kitten was adopted from shelter, family refuses to return it