Home » News » Public Safety
Car, oil truck collision under investigation in Rochester
A MIDDLETON MAN was injured Friday morning when an oil truck backed into his car on Chestnut Hill Road./Courtesy Photo
Jared Dixon, 23, was treated for injuries police describe as not life-threatening. His heavily damaged 2002 Hyundai Elantra was towed from the scene.
According to a preliminary police investigation, Dixon was traveling north on Chestnut Hill Road about 8:50 a.m. when his car was struck by a 2008 Kenworth oil truck being operated by Dana Ferguson, 45, of Union.
Ferguson was backing the truck into a driveway to make a delivery when the truck collided with Dixon's car, police said.
Chestnut Hill Road was closed for about 30 minutes while the crash was investigated and the wreckage cleared.
The collision remains under investigation.
Police are asking anyone with information about the crash to contact Master Patrol Officer John Harding at 330-7127. To remain anonymous, individuals should call Rochester Crime Line at 335-6500 or text CRIMES (274637) with TEXT4CASH + your tip in the body of the text. Cash rewards are offered for information leading to an arrest.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Londonderry police to open station to residents - 0
- Affair, threats alleged in Weare police chief investigation - 9
- Cause of 3-alarm Derry fire remains under investigation - 0
- Claremont police warn public about suspicious soda bottles - 1
- Mechanical failure ruled out in fatal plane crash that claimed lives of two Kingston men - 0
- UPDATED: Cause of three-alarm Derry blaze under investigation - 1
- Woman shot during Manchester drug raid ID'd - 0
- Weare police chief on leave amid domestic violence probe - 2
- Traffic backed up a mile in Hampton tractor-trailer accident - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Tom Herzig's Trackside: Modified tour is shortened - 0
- Patriots Notebook: Pats wary of veteran playmaker Woodson - 0
- College Football: Expect offense when Richmond, UNH meet - 0
- Young fighters' dreams on display tonight at Fight to Educate - 0
- Drew Cline: When Republicans turn off Republicans - 0
- Supporters eager for Hillary's return to NH - 0
- Surprise, surprise: Obamacare funds abortions - 1
- Casino gambles: Hopes dashed all over - 0
- Jarrett M. Cote - 0
Keene man charged with assault on 2-year-old
USNH's raw deal: Part deux
Another View -- Bill Duncan: What did the NH Supreme Court really say about private school funding?
Every vote counts: Here is the proof
Casino gambles: Hopes dashed all over