Home » News » Public Safety
Car, oil truck collision under investigation in Rochester
A MIDDLETON MAN was injured Friday morning when an oil truck backed into his car on Chestnut Hill Road./Courtesy Photo
Jared Dixon, 23, was treated for injuries police describe as not life-threatening. His heavily damaged 2002 Hyundai Elantra was towed from the scene.
According to a preliminary police investigation, Dixon was traveling north on Chestnut Hill Road about 8:50 a.m. when his car was struck by a 2008 Kenworth oil truck being operated by Dana Ferguson, 45, of Union.
Ferguson was backing the truck into a driveway to make a delivery when the truck collided with Dixon's car, police said.
Chestnut Hill Road was closed for about 30 minutes while the crash was investigated and the wreckage cleared.
The collision remains under investigation.
Police are asking anyone with information about the crash to contact Master Patrol Officer John Harding at 330-7127. To remain anonymous, individuals should call Rochester Crime Line at 335-6500 or text CRIMES (274637) with TEXT4CASH + your tip in the body of the text. Cash rewards are offered for information leading to an arrest.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Tractor-trailer pulls down poles, wires, closing part of Route 28 in Epsom - 0
- Commission honors seven for contributions to state firefighter training - 0
- Lost hikers found safe in Gilsum - 1
- Woman thrown from horse, injured - 0
- Stove ash blamed for Manchester garage fire - 0
- Derry Battalion Chief calls firefighter son a 'hero' for rescuing two boys from Hood Pond - 1
- Epsom trucker, 65, killed in I-93 crash in Salem - 0
- Two taken to hospital after suffering burns in Wolfeboro house fire - 0
- Crews on scene of accident on I-93 in Salem - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Monarchs Scouting Report: Nick Shore - 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: It took a while, but now they're on Wright track - 0
- Newmarket blacksmith has forged a career shaping the elementsof steel - 0
- Kathy Sullivan: We need to rethink some of our county government positions - 4
- Pipes and plans: A chance to show up Mass. - 7
- H.S. Football Power Poll: No doubt - Astros finish on top - 0
- College Hockey: Wildcats home to RPI on Tuesday night - 0
- Manchester school board OK's contract for driver’s ed program - 1
- Unrest erupts after grand jury decides against charges in Ferguson, Mo., shooting - 18
Sources say former White House Chief of Staff Andy Card to be tapped as Franklin Pierce president
Clinton has 'historic' lead in poll
Pipes and plans: A chance to show up Mass.