Home » News » Public Safety
Car, oil truck collision under investigation in Rochester
A MIDDLETON MAN was injured Friday morning when an oil truck backed into his car on Chestnut Hill Road./Courtesy Photo
Jared Dixon, 23, was treated for injuries police describe as not life-threatening. His heavily damaged 2002 Hyundai Elantra was towed from the scene.
According to a preliminary police investigation, Dixon was traveling north on Chestnut Hill Road about 8:50 a.m. when his car was struck by a 2008 Kenworth oil truck being operated by Dana Ferguson, 45, of Union.
Ferguson was backing the truck into a driveway to make a delivery when the truck collided with Dixon's car, police said.
Chestnut Hill Road was closed for about 30 minutes while the crash was investigated and the wreckage cleared.
The collision remains under investigation.
Police are asking anyone with information about the crash to contact Master Patrol Officer John Harding at 330-7127. To remain anonymous, individuals should call Rochester Crime Line at 335-6500 or text CRIMES (274637) with TEXT4CASH + your tip in the body of the text. Cash rewards are offered for information leading to an arrest.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Citizen's Police Academy in Manchester set for Oct. 1 - 0
- Heating unit cause of blaze in Manchester - 0
- Mother of Bedford student hit by car says safety should come first on school grounds - 5
- New Farmington police chief continues to build relationships in the community he’s served for 14 years - 0
- Keene police officer on bicycle struck by car - 0
- Antidote carried by NH first responders a life-saver for heroin overdoses - 0
- In neglect cases, indigent parents may lose legal help - 2
- Hot spotlight put on NH domestic violence - 2
- NH Coalition Against Domestic and Sexual Violence is seeking funding - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Man stabbed in leg in Manchester incident - 0
- Senate sustains Hassan veto of bill to revamp juvenile justice system - 0
- Possible negotiated plea for Nashua dad accused of negligent homicide in son's death - 0
- Amherst man facing charges in August Merrimack accident - 0
- Dan Tuohy's Granite Status: Brown v. Shaheen: A tale of new polls - 4
- Traffic backed up a mile in Hampton tractor-trailer accident - 0
- NHIAA Football Power Poll; Who's No. 1 this week? - 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: Belichick's 200th was a trademark triumph - 0
- MarketReach makes move to Nashua - 0
In 2nd District race, Garcia bucks Obamacare
Attorney claims illegal phone seizure following Christmas Eve accident that killed Brookline mom
Find the hidden cash stashed downtown
Strategery: A war by any other name
Freeh dumb: Favoritism in Vt.?
Lawyer wants cellphone evidence thrown out
Mexican man pleads guilty in international conspiracy to traffic hundreds of pounds of cocaine
Your Turn, NH -- Ted Menswar Jr.: How Manchester pulled together to honor one of its greats