Home » News » Public Safety
Car, oil truck collision under investigation in Rochester
A MIDDLETON MAN was injured Friday morning when an oil truck backed into his car on Chestnut Hill Road./Courtesy Photo
Jared Dixon, 23, was treated for injuries police describe as not life-threatening. His heavily damaged 2002 Hyundai Elantra was towed from the scene.
According to a preliminary police investigation, Dixon was traveling north on Chestnut Hill Road about 8:50 a.m. when his car was struck by a 2008 Kenworth oil truck being operated by Dana Ferguson, 45, of Union.
Ferguson was backing the truck into a driveway to make a delivery when the truck collided with Dixon's car, police said.
Chestnut Hill Road was closed for about 30 minutes while the crash was investigated and the wreckage cleared.
The collision remains under investigation.
Police are asking anyone with information about the crash to contact Master Patrol Officer John Harding at 330-7127. To remain anonymous, individuals should call Rochester Crime Line at 335-6500 or text CRIMES (274637) with TEXT4CASH + your tip in the body of the text. Cash rewards are offered for information leading to an arrest.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Five hikers rescued in separate incidents Saturday - 2
- Powerboat hits canoe on Winnipesaukee - 3
- Police search for driver in Hollis hit-and-run - 1
- Canoe, powerboat collide on Lake Winnipesaukee - 0
- Brothers escape being hit by circling boat - 1
- Cornish truck driver charged in fatal Merrimack crash - 2
- Truck flips on I-93 at Exit 4 on-ramp in Londonderry - 0
- Salem family ldisplaced by house fire - 0
- Mother says Abigail in 'deteriorated' health - 17
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Hassan vetoes bill to impose 'politeness' standards on public employees - 0
- Jailed man faces new charge for allegedly contacting witness - 0
- Abby says it's incredible to be home; mom tells TODAY daughter did not run away - 4
- Nashua man arrested in Brookline stabbing - 0
- Cumberland Farms robbed; third store hit this month in Rochester - 0
- E-cigarettes find a market in NH - 1
- Real estate transfer tax proposal pulled off table - 0
- Protesting information: Picket sign o' the times - 4
- Another View -- Mike Biundo: Where is Shaheen's gas price outrage now? - 5
Protesting workers nix Market Basket amnesty
Win tickets to see Cher's D2K Tour
Gorham man arrested for kidnapping Abigail
Voting in NH: Not just for NH residents
LNG plant put 'on hold'