All Sections
Welcome guest, you have 3 views left.  Register| Sign In

Home | Public Safety

Belmont fire blamed on food on stove


March 29. 2014 2:31PM


BELMONT — Food left on a stove sparked a fire that left one person homeless Saturday afternoon, authorities said.

The fire, reported around 12:25 p.m., caused an estimated $25,000 to a multi-unit building on Village Apartment Road, the fire department said. Authorities said no one was in the apartment at the time of the fire.

Firefighters contained the fire to Unit 4 of Building 6. The American Red Cross provided assistance to one tenant while the other residents were able to return to their apartments.



Public Safety Food Belmont


More Headlines

Injured hiker rescued from Avalon trail

Aggregation