All Sections
Welcome guest, you have 2 views left. | Register | Sign In

Belmont fire blamed on food on stove

BELMONT — Food left on a stove sparked a fire that left one person homeless Saturday afternoon, authorities said.

The fire, reported around 12:25 p.m., caused an estimated $25,000 to a multi-unit building on Village Apartment Road, the fire department said. Authorities said no one was in the apartment at the time of the fire.

Firefighters contained the fire to Unit 4 of Building 6. The American Red Cross provided assistance to one tenant while the other residents were able to return to their apartments.


Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Follow our RSS feed
Union Leader app for Apple iPad or Android *
Click to download from Apple Apps StoreClick to download from Android Marketplace
* e-Edition subscription required

More Public Safety

NH Angle - Public Safety