Dec 4, 2014
Oct 30, 2014
Oct 2, 2014
Sep 25, 2014
Convicted sex offender from NH charged with holding Vermont runaway
The 16-year-old girl from Kirby Vt., described by Vermont authorities as a runaway, was found with Matthew Keene, 23, of Stark, in Chowan County, N.C.
The girl had not been seen since Friday night.
Keene has been charged by Vermont authorities with second-degree unlawful restraint, and may face charges in Connecticut, alleging that he violated probation and that state's sex offender registry requirements.
According to the Connecticut state Sex Offender Registry, Keene was convicted in 2009 on charges of illegal sexual contact with a 12-year-old girl. He was released from prison in Connecticut in April, 2011.
Before the girl was found, police had issued a plea for assistance locating a 2005 Chevrolet Cobalt with New Hampshire license tags that Keene was believed to be driving.
Keene is being held in Chowan County pending extradition to Vermont, and possibly Connecticut, to face charges. Chowan County is in the northeast section of North Carolina.
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Maine police search car belonging to husband of Londonderry shooting victim - 0
- Man arrested after chase, threatening to shoot police in Bow - 0
- Good Samaritan pins Manchester purse snatcher - 0
- Police look for Laconia sub shop robber - 0
- Claremont man indicted on two charges of arson - 0
- Police hunt pair they believe attacked couple at Rochester motel - 0
- Phone evidence likely allowed in Hampstead home invasion trial - 0
- Grand jury indicts one of three men accused in murder of Madbury teen - 0
- Piano teacher wants statement tossed before sex assault trial - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Homeless man who saved woman from river: 'I don't consider myself a hero' - 9
- High School Basketball: Rivalries renewed in QCIBT - 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: Will they get everything on their list? - 0
- Tuohy brothers add new restaurant in familiar spot - 0
- New Horizons volunteers deliver groceries and good cheer, making Christmas special - 0
- Charles Arlinghaus: The fiscal mismanagement in Washington is a choice - 25
- 'Yes, Virginia, there is a Santa Claus' - 0
Londonderry schools placed on lockdown after soldier's unplanned visit to high school causes alarm
Police say woman tried to steal 15 iPads
- Whom do you think bears the brunt of the blame for the mayhem this weekend in Keene?
- KSC students
- KSC administration
- Visitors from out of town
- A combination of any/all of the above
- Total Votes: 2483