Katie McQuaid's Scene in Manchester: A chance to meet stars of GoShopNH
Laurie and Beth at Talk it up Tees will be unveiling a new shirt design for boat lovers at Booth 212.
If you have little boys in your life, you will love the witty Man in Training T-shirt collection sold by Collette and Meredith at Booth 101.
Learn about the beautiful American Bead Collection from Pamela, Brandon and Brad at Booth 207B. These are similar, but superior, to the other add-a-bead bracelets because they are made right here in the Granite State with bedrock from these United States.
Sure there are lots of 5K races out there, but now there's one for you and your pooch! The inaugural Bagels and Biscuits 5K will be held Sunday, April 6, at 9 a.m. at Derryfield Park. Dogs and their owners can run or walk the 5K course and support Temple Adath Yeshuran and the Animal Rescue League. Kids 10 and under and their dogs race for free if they register prior to race day. Youths 11 to 19 are $20 and 20+ is $25 with pre-registration. There will be prizes, fun, food, games and crafts. Registration starts at 7:30 a.m. and free hats will be given to the first 150 recipients. Visit www.bagelsandbiscuits5k.com for more information.
Let's hope for spring temperatures and clear sidewalks for National Walking Day Wednesday. My friend Audra Burns, with the local American Heart Association office, said walking has the lowest dropout rate of any exercise program. Seems like a great way to start getting fit.
Among the 100 people already expected are Erin Fahleau from WMUR, Dan McKenney, president of Merrimack Mortgage and chair of the June 7 Heart Walk, and Mayor Ted Gatsas.
More fun fitness events can be found every day at NH365.ORG
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Syracuse, Iowa crowned top party schools - 0
- Parking fines cause disputes, raise revenues - 1
- Jon Cavaiani dies at 70; desperate stand in '71 led to Medal of Honor - 0
- Meriam Ibrahim, family welcomed as long journey ends in Manchester - 2
- Moose International files suit to claim Claremont lodge - 0
- NH man's wife flies to Rome, meets Pope Francis after giving birth on death row in Sudan - 2
- Manchester postpones Fourth of July celebration - 0
- Reports say Sudanese Christian woman released; Manchester relative hopeful - 0
- 'Cadillac' health tax costs draw big worry - 13
READER COMMENTS: 0
- NH Motor Speedway to again host two Sprint Cup Series weekends in 2015 - 0
- St. Anselm football players practice ini August heat - 0
- White, Glenn lift Fisher Cats over Harrisburg, 6-4 - 0
- KSC field hockey first in coaches poll - 0
- New England Patriots guard Mankins traded to Tampa for TE Wright - 0
- NH Fisher Cat Lee still striving for making it to the major leagues - 0
- Former city restaurateur gets jail sentence for sex assault - 0
- Former high school art teacher gets suspended sentence in drug case - 0
- New Manchester school district standards to give teachers more leeway - 0
Market Basket: 'So close, yet so far'
KSC field hockey first in coaches poll
Backyard boulder kills Raymond homeowner
Reports: Market Basket doomsday plan would shutter 61 of 71 stores if deal not struck soon
GOP for legal pot? Hemignway's high help
Ohio's Rob Portman: GOP can win back Senate