Katie McQuaid's Scene in Manchester: A chance to meet stars of GoShopNH
Laurie and Beth at Talk it up Tees will be unveiling a new shirt design for boat lovers at Booth 212.
If you have little boys in your life, you will love the witty Man in Training T-shirt collection sold by Collette and Meredith at Booth 101.
Learn about the beautiful American Bead Collection from Pamela, Brandon and Brad at Booth 207B. These are similar, but superior, to the other add-a-bead bracelets because they are made right here in the Granite State with bedrock from these United States.
Sure there are lots of 5K races out there, but now there's one for you and your pooch! The inaugural Bagels and Biscuits 5K will be held Sunday, April 6, at 9 a.m. at Derryfield Park. Dogs and their owners can run or walk the 5K course and support Temple Adath Yeshuran and the Animal Rescue League. Kids 10 and under and their dogs race for free if they register prior to race day. Youths 11 to 19 are $20 and 20+ is $25 with pre-registration. There will be prizes, fun, food, games and crafts. Registration starts at 7:30 a.m. and free hats will be given to the first 150 recipients. Visit www.bagelsandbiscuits5k.com for more information.
Let's hope for spring temperatures and clear sidewalks for National Walking Day Wednesday. My friend Audra Burns, with the local American Heart Association office, said walking has the lowest dropout rate of any exercise program. Seems like a great way to start getting fit.
Among the 100 people already expected are Erin Fahleau from WMUR, Dan McKenney, president of Merrimack Mortgage and chair of the June 7 Heart Walk, and Mayor Ted Gatsas.
More fun fitness events can be found every day at NH365.ORG
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Roger Simon:If Hillary represents an Obama third term, she is doomed - 0
- Gail Fisher's Dog Tracks: Parvo scare could be detrimental to puppy training, despite slim risk - 0
- Another View -- Dan McGuire: We Free Staters are not some threat to be feared - 28
- John Stossel: The other green monster - 1
- Another View - Charles Lane: Obama's wedge issue is the seductive lure of golf - 3
- Jonah Goldberg: If the Islamic State is not evil, then what is? - 4
- George Will: Will we build the Navy we need? - 2
- Betsy McCaughey: Congress should take the lead on Iraq - 2
- Another View - Rick Santorum: When Israel needs our help, we have to be there - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Franklin Pierce's Kirsh to retire as AD - 0
- UNH Wildcat gridders can't stop Toledo, 54-20 - 0
- UNH Wildcats volleyball looking forward to good season - 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: Pats' cuts hold few surprises - 0
- New-look Boston Red Sox taking test run - 0
- NH Fisher Cats bats silenced in Conn., in 3-1 loss - 0
- Boston Red Sox limited to one hit in loss to Tampa Bay, 7-0 - 0
- Donald Trump to headline 1st Amendment event in NH - 0
- Ted Siefer's City Hall: Drivers education to science, meeting all about the kids - 0
Mount Washington Auto Road to host largest gathering of alternative-energy based vehicles in North America
Amnesty? Garcia is against it
NH's teen pregnancy still lowest nationwide
George Will: Paul Ryan's way forward