Home » Sports » Basketball » Celtics/NBA
Girl Scouts start campaign to save Antrim camp
“We need people that will actively help in the fight to save Chenoa,” page founder Katharine Sprague of Dover posted, adding that it is not too late to save the camp, their “home.”
Since she started the page it has gained more than 50 members and nearly 500 likes.
Members are using the page to brainstorm ideas of how to keep the camp open for future Girl Scouts.
Camp Chenoa is the only overnight Girl Scout camp in the state.
Profits from the sale will be invested into properties, including the remaining overnight camp, Camp Farnsworth, in Thetford, Vt..Carrie Green, Council director of girl leadership experience, said Thursday the decision to close Chenoa was a difficult decision, but one that enables the Council to invest in its other properties and to provide programming and improved accommodations to future Girl Scouts.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Stars of professional, community theater to be spotlighted - 0
- Bromberg, Hidalgo headlining at Plymouth venue - 0
- Have an appetite for family theater? Try 'Life on a Plate' - 0
- Needle-felted murals brighten up Concord this winter - 0
- 'A Light in the Dark' shines at Stockbridge - 0
- League of NH Craftsmen to unveil shop - 0
- Explore 'Mysteries of the Forest' in Auburn - 0
- PMAC jazzes it up with Goldenberg exhibit - 0
- Global musical ambassador brings Black Spirits to Hopkins Center - 0
Bobcat resurgence raises trapping talk
Granite State volunteers honor MLK's legacy
Enter to win tickets to see Nickelback
Entitlement fights: Losing the big picture
For many, snow day means no-pay day
20150128-New Hampshire legislator files bill to fire public officials that violate state's sovereignty
Fleeing France: Tax cuts follow Socialism