Girl Scouts start campaign to save Antrim camp
“We need people that will actively help in the fight to save Chenoa,” page founder Katharine Sprague of Dover posted, adding that it is not too late to save the camp, their “home.”
Since she started the page it has gained more than 50 members and nearly 500 likes.
Members are using the page to brainstorm ideas of how to keep the camp open for future Girl Scouts.
Camp Chenoa is the only overnight Girl Scout camp in the state.
Profits from the sale will be invested into properties, including the remaining overnight camp, Camp Farnsworth, in Thetford, Vt..Carrie Green, Council director of girl leadership experience, said Thursday the decision to close Chenoa was a difficult decision, but one that enables the Council to invest in its other properties and to provide programming and improved accommodations to future Girl Scouts.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Alice Cooper 'Raise The Dead – Live From Wacken' DVD out October 21 in North America via UDR Music - 0
- Joan Osborne & The Weight: Members of The Band in Plymouth next weekend - 0
- Signature Chefs Auction® Honors Manchester's Anthem Blue Cross and Blue Shield - 0
- Five Finger Death Punch co-headlining Fall arena tour with Volbeat kicks off today, hits Lowell September 26 - 0
- Win tickets to see Kip Moore - 0
- Win tickets to see Demi Lovato - 0
- Win tickets to see the John Butler Trio - 0
- Enter to win tickets to see the Dirty Heads - 0
- Win tickets to see Tower of Power - 0
Win tickets to see Kip Moore
Win tickets to see Demi Lovato
Win tickets to see the John Butler Trio
Enter to win tickets to see the Dirty Heads
NH couple hit slot for $2.4m in Las Vegas
Bikers say under-30 generation isn't interested, and can't afford many of the top motorcycles
Another View -- Sharon Day: The Democrats' claim to be the party for women is just not believable
Strategery: A war by any other name
Freeh dumb: Favoritism in Vt.?
Lawyer wants cellphone evidence thrown out
Deroy Murdock: Stuff the Obama lunch tax