Home » News » Public Safety
Rain, slick roads make for slow NH commute
Beginning around 3:30 a.m., state police reported snow and freezing rain made for icy roads on I-89, continuing through the morning commute.
Several minor crashes happened on Interstates 89, 95 and 101. One state police cruiser was hit on I-89, near exit 14, where a crash between a tractor-trailer and a car was being investigated by another officer. No one was injured, although the cruiser had minor damage.
Temperatures hovered just above freezing and with falling rain, it made for slick roads. Five hours after state police first reported icing on I-89, traffic was backed up in Windham and Londonderry along I-93.
Both the weather and the commute were to blame, according to a state Department of Transportation Traffic Management Center spokesman in Concord.
There were a "lot of little accidents," she said but nothing major. Highway crews ware out treating the state roads.
Rain is expected to taper off as the day goes on.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Report due soon on alleged abuse at neuro-rehab centers - 0
- Five state police cruisers among many accidents due to storm - 0
- Person found dead in Manchester alley - 0
- Rymes Oil employees pull Bradford man from flaming wreck, but driver succumbs to injuries - 0
- Keene man killed in work accident in Troy Monday - 0
- Teen driver dies after being pulled from icy waters in Londonderry - 8
- Trio escapes Claremont fire after smoke wakes resident - 0
- Man suffers life-threatening injuries in Little Cohas Brook crash - 0
- Tractor-trailer pulls down poles, wires, closing part of Route 28 in Epsom - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Celtics Insider: Celtics rule Smart out of tomorrow's game against Chicago - 0
- Berube the backbone of Monarchs' team 'D' - 0
- Packers QB Revis will pose a challenge for Patriots - 0
- Hudson may start charging for non-transport ambulance calls - 0
- NH suffers 4th worst outage on record - 0
- Camping out didn't pay for shoppers - 0
- Newsreel: Concord economic forecast; Tech Council hosts forum; UNH Fairchild Dairy honored - 0
- Londonderry-based MegaFood launches transparency project in vitamin industry - 0
- Grant program to help Granite State students with loans - 0
NH suffers 4th worst outage on record
Camping out didn't pay for shoppers
Keystone bill passes U.S. House