Nashua pays Radisson nearly $1 million
The city recently lost its appeal to the New Hampshire Supreme Court, which affirmed a prior decision by Judge Jacalyn Colburn of the Hillsborough County Superior Court mandating that the city issue a tax refund to the landmark Radisson Hotel because of inflated assessments.
The City of Nashua and the owners of a retail shopping center at 151 Coliseum Ave., which houses Chunky’s Cinema, continue to dispute the value of an 8-acre parcel and 1972 building that was most recently assessed at about $7.7 million.
Although the city and Nashua Coliseum were able to reach a settlement for the 2011 tax abatement, they still have been unable to reach a settlement on a subsequent disagreement involving a 2012 tax assessment of $7,675,520, says court records.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Three named to Manchester school posts - 0
- Derry Early Education Program to relocate - 0
- Manchester panel OKs new academic standards, despite Common Core criticism - 2
- Nashua school staff see tests as key to tracking student growth - 0
- Two Manchester schools off 'priority' list - 0
- Nashua officials seek advice on issue of student cellphone searches vs. privacy - 9
- Manchester school district makes bid to run Job Corps center - 2
- NEASC votes to reaccredit Central High - 1
- Londonderry school policy updates sought - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Charles M. Arlinghaus: Taxation without representation again? - 1
- Distracted legislating: Our baseless cellphone ban - 0
- Another View -- Betsy McCaughey: Our free lunch President - 0
- Another View -- Karlyn Borysenko: Workplace bullying is a serious problem, governor - 0
- Workplace abuse: Governor gets one right - 0
- Red Sox pull Lester from Wednesday start amid trade rumors - 0
- Accused Abby kidnapper Kibby had past minor brushes with police - 0
- Police say youths at New Boston underage drinking party resisted arrest - 1
- Man hospitalized following Rochester shooting; suspect still at large - 0
Win tickets to see ZZ Top
Market Basket community waits and watches
Win tickets to see the Pretty Reckless
Abby's alleged kidnapper held on $1M bail
Win tickets to see Ziggy Marley
Dover man sought in Rochester shooting
Supporters are now 'Abby Strong'
Canobie Lake Park shuts down popular ride