Volunteers needed for Londonderry clean-up events
The town’s Anti-Litter Advisory Committee and the Beautify Londonderry Committee are organizing this year’s efforts.
Kerri Stanley, chairman of Beautify Londonderry, said cleanups are scheduled for April 12, 19 and 26.
Volunteers will be given supplies, such as trash bags and gloves, and sent to various neighborhoods around town.
The Beautify Londonderry project will begin the first weekend in May and end on May 25.Stanley said groups and individuals are needed to complete various projects around town, such as spreading mulch outside the schools, fire stations, Town Hall and police station, and plant colorful flowers.“We’d prefer groups sign up ahead of time,” she said. “That way we can prepare in advance based on the specific needs of each group and the number of volunteers.”
“It’s a great cause for the town and provides community service opportunities for any individual or group needing to complete some hours,” Stanley said. “We welcome returning volunteers and encourage some new folks to join us this year.”
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Children invited to attend Woodland Storybook Walk in Wilton - 0
- Last week's Rare Bird Alert - 0
- Stacey Cole's Nature Talks: Owls are a treat for the ears but very rarely for the eyes - 0
- Tune In To AMC TV This Sunday, October 26 To Watch SLASH On 'Talking Dead' - 0
- Major Gift from Volunteer Steward Aids Great Bay Reserve Boardwalk - 0
- Learn About Salmon Life Cycle at 'Salmon Sunday' - November 9, 2014 - 0
- Brian Setzer donates Gretsch Guitar to Smithsonian - 0
- Roomful of Blues to perform in Salisbury - 0
- Outstanding Volunteers of 2014 Selected for 2014 Spirit of NH Awards - 0
Fall hikers throughout NH put on notice
NH's back-road rest areas fading away
Win tickets to see the Amazing Nano Brothers
Last week's Rare Bird Alert
Blackwater verdict stuns NH dad
Making it up: Shameless state Senate attacks