Volunteers needed for Londonderry clean-up events
The town’s Anti-Litter Advisory Committee and the Beautify Londonderry Committee are organizing this year’s efforts.
Kerri Stanley, chairman of Beautify Londonderry, said cleanups are scheduled for April 12, 19 and 26.
Volunteers will be given supplies, such as trash bags and gloves, and sent to various neighborhoods around town.
The Beautify Londonderry project will begin the first weekend in May and end on May 25.Stanley said groups and individuals are needed to complete various projects around town, such as spreading mulch outside the schools, fire stations, Town Hall and police station, and plant colorful flowers.“We’d prefer groups sign up ahead of time,” she said. “That way we can prepare in advance based on the specific needs of each group and the number of volunteers.”
“It’s a great cause for the town and provides community service opportunities for any individual or group needing to complete some hours,” Stanley said. “We welcome returning volunteers and encourage some new folks to join us this year.”
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Awaiting a boy's best friend in Windham - 0
- Salem schools consider kindergarten options - 0
- Retired nurse celebrates 106 years - 0
- NH Senior News: Children to bring Christmas caroling to Littleton area center - 0
- New Wolfeboro bakery seeks funds through crowsourcing, would provide jobs for those with developmental disabilities - 0
- SnowCoach makes winter majesty accessible - 0
- 2 from NH complete Air Force training - 0
- In the longest nights of the year, our birds are living on the edge - 0
- Inmates give back, making Christmas gifts - 0
Human intervention hobbling ice fishermen
Win tickets to see Linkin Park
A new era for Nashua's police force
'Everybody was extremely fortunate'