Volunteers needed for Londonderry clean-up events
The town’s Anti-Litter Advisory Committee and the Beautify Londonderry Committee are organizing this year’s efforts.
Kerri Stanley, chairman of Beautify Londonderry, said cleanups are scheduled for April 12, 19 and 26.
Volunteers will be given supplies, such as trash bags and gloves, and sent to various neighborhoods around town.
The Beautify Londonderry project will begin the first weekend in May and end on May 25.Stanley said groups and individuals are needed to complete various projects around town, such as spreading mulch outside the schools, fire stations, Town Hall and police station, and plant colorful flowers.“We’d prefer groups sign up ahead of time,” she said. “That way we can prepare in advance based on the specific needs of each group and the number of volunteers.”
“It’s a great cause for the town and provides community service opportunities for any individual or group needing to complete some hours,” Stanley said. “We welcome returning volunteers and encourage some new folks to join us this year.”
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Replicas of 19th century ships to sail off Seacoast - 0
- Goffstown considering grant application for rail trail project - 0
- Panel OKs auction house in Salem industrial district - 0
- Win tickets to see Cher's D2K Tour - 0
- Next sign-up begins Aug. 11 for community-supported fishery - 0
- Energy Commission lays out roadmap for improving efficiency - 0
- A taste of the Old West in Pelham at The Great Nor'easter - 0
- Salem board gives OK for expanded funeral home parking - 0
- Senior News: Lifelong Learning Institute plans fall class previews - 0
Win tickets to see Austin Mahone
Bikers say under-30 generation isn't interested, and can't afford many of the top motorcycles
Gorham man arrested for kidnapping Abigail
Voting in NH: Not just for NH residents