Home » NewHampshire.com » A&E
Volunteers needed for Londonderry clean-up events
The town’s Anti-Litter Advisory Committee and the Beautify Londonderry Committee are organizing this year’s efforts.
Kerri Stanley, chairman of Beautify Londonderry, said cleanups are scheduled for April 12, 19 and 26.
Volunteers will be given supplies, such as trash bags and gloves, and sent to various neighborhoods around town.
The Beautify Londonderry project will begin the first weekend in May and end on May 25.Stanley said groups and individuals are needed to complete various projects around town, such as spreading mulch outside the schools, fire stations, Town Hall and police station, and plant colorful flowers.“We’d prefer groups sign up ahead of time,” she said. “That way we can prepare in advance based on the specific needs of each group and the number of volunteers.”
“It’s a great cause for the town and provides community service opportunities for any individual or group needing to complete some hours,” Stanley said. “We welcome returning volunteers and encourage some new folks to join us this year.”
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Ballet superstar Misty Copeland joins local dancers in Nutcracker - 0
- AC/DC Tribute Band to rock Rochester Opera House - 0
- Memorial recalls church fire, while calling to mind those lost to AIDS - 0
- Reunion of sisters mirrors impact of WWII - 0
- Grammy-winning conductor at helm of 'Nutcracker' orchestra - 0
- Strawbery Banke glides into the season on Seacoast - 0
- UNH ensembles to perform in Dec. 2 show - 0
- Nashua strolls into winter Saturday - 0
- It's musical war when the Dueling Pianos come to Concord - 0
Reunion of sisters mirrors impact of WWII
Your Turn, NH -- Mike Moffett: Republicans can win in 2016 with Kasich at the top of the ticket
On being American: A point for reflection