Volunteers needed for Londonderry clean-up events
The town’s Anti-Litter Advisory Committee and the Beautify Londonderry Committee are organizing this year’s efforts.
Kerri Stanley, chairman of Beautify Londonderry, said cleanups are scheduled for April 12, 19 and 26.
Volunteers will be given supplies, such as trash bags and gloves, and sent to various neighborhoods around town.
The Beautify Londonderry project will begin the first weekend in May and end on May 25.Stanley said groups and individuals are needed to complete various projects around town, such as spreading mulch outside the schools, fire stations, Town Hall and police station, and plant colorful flowers.“We’d prefer groups sign up ahead of time,” she said. “That way we can prepare in advance based on the specific needs of each group and the number of volunteers.”
“It’s a great cause for the town and provides community service opportunities for any individual or group needing to complete some hours,” Stanley said. “We welcome returning volunteers and encourage some new folks to join us this year.”
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Hundred Nights Shelter is holding its first annual Holiday Auction this Dec. - 0
- Derry places 'Giving Tree' in Municipal Center - 0
- Former Londonderry student sails into Navy career aboard the USS Lincoln - 0
- Frisella Fine Art Studio in Candia to hold open house - 0
- Ballet superstar Misty Copeland joins local dancers in Nutcracker - 0
- AC/DC Tribute Band to rock Rochester Opera House - 0
- Memorial recalls church fire, while calling to mind those lost to AIDS - 0
- Reunion of sisters mirrors impact of WWII - 0
- Grammy-winning conductor at helm of 'Nutcracker' orchestra - 0
NH's fishing industry staggered
Whiskey jacks and camp at Unknown Pond
NH suffers 4th worst outage on record
Pat Buchanan: What to make of Ferguson?