Volunteers needed for Londonderry clean-up events
The town’s Anti-Litter Advisory Committee and the Beautify Londonderry Committee are organizing this year’s efforts.
Kerri Stanley, chairman of Beautify Londonderry, said cleanups are scheduled for April 12, 19 and 26.
Volunteers will be given supplies, such as trash bags and gloves, and sent to various neighborhoods around town.
The Beautify Londonderry project will begin the first weekend in May and end on May 25.Stanley said groups and individuals are needed to complete various projects around town, such as spreading mulch outside the schools, fire stations, Town Hall and police station, and plant colorful flowers.“We’d prefer groups sign up ahead of time,” she said. “That way we can prepare in advance based on the specific needs of each group and the number of volunteers.”
“It’s a great cause for the town and provides community service opportunities for any individual or group needing to complete some hours,” Stanley said. “We welcome returning volunteers and encourage some new folks to join us this year.”
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Nature Talks: the invasive plant species strike again - 0
- Survey says Manchester ranks fifth among nation's smartest communities - 0
- India gets 1st transgender television news anchor - 0
- Fans love their trucks: Pickup truck racing all the rage in Loudon - 1
- Fellowship a big part of the Loudon experience for race fans - 0
- UNO Pizzeria in Hudson plans cancer fundraiser - 0
- Farmington firefighters to don pink for fundraiser - 0
- 5K honors city teen who died from cancer - 0
- Great North Woods, White Mountains foliage expected to hit peak next week - 0
NH couple hit slot for $2.4m in Las Vegas
Win tickets to see the John Butler Trio
Enter to win tickets to see the Dirty Heads
Win tickets to see Kip Moore
Win tickets to see Demi Lovato
Manchester family heartbroken after finding lost kitten was adopted from shelter, family refuses to return it