Adopted dog's traumatic arrival leads to chase, bill, ticket
"We understand that owners need to be responsible for their dogs, but hadn't even gotten the chance to take custody of the dog at that time," Liane St. Laurent said Tuesday night. "This dog crossed I-95 a couple times. We're lucky no one was killed."
"There's definitely a darker side that most of us aren't told about," Liane St. Laurent said.
"They told us the dog was acting snippy and was very nervous," Liane said. "She was very scared after the long trip."
The St. Laurents said staffers from All Paws stuck around for a little while in hopes of luring Annie back, but eventually had to leave.
Contacted by email on Wednesday, All Paws owner Pepper Stidmon said Andre St. Laurent did not bring the specified adjustable collar — a fact the St. Laurents dispute.
"She was terrified and in flight mode," Stidmon said. "We were in the process of setting up feeding stations and securing a trap when she was caught."
A Maine state trooper contacted the couple to inform them Annie had been spotted in Kittery. Andre said he drove out to meet with the trooper, who issued him a civil citation.
A call made to the Maine State Police on Wednesday wasn't immediately returned.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Tough task for NH budget writers - 14
- A kinder, gentler House Speaker? - 19
- State's treasury chief will seek a full term from Legislature - 0
- GOP gives nod to Bill O'Brien's return as House speaker - 47
- Advocates want more money from liquor sales to treat addiction - 0
- GOP and Democrats each pick up a seat in recounts - 0
- Bedford’s Sanborn drops out of NH House Speaker race - 0
- Merrill replaces Flanders as NH Senate Chief of Staff - 0
- Gov. Hassan wants a 'thoughtful, careful' budget - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: It took a while, but now they're on Wright track - 0
- Newmarket blacksmith has forged a career shaping the elementsof steel - 0
- Kathy Sullivan: We need to rethink some of our county government positions - 0
- Pipes and plans: A chance to show up Mass. - 0
- H.S. Football Power Poll: No doubt - Astros finish on top - 0
- College Hockey: Wildcats home to RPI on Tuesday night - 0
- Manchester school board OK's contract for driver’s ed program - 0
- Unrest erupts after grand jury decides against charges in Ferguson, Mo., shooting - 0
- Malkin, Crosby foil Bruins in overtime - 0
Clinton has 'historic' lead in poll
Sources say former White House Chief of Staff Andy Card to be tapped as Franklin Pierce president
Randy Johnson, Pedro, Smoltz lead HOF ballot
Tough task for NH budget writers
Pipes and plans: A chance to show up Mass.
Teacher 'thrilled' at being reinstated
Paul, Christie share lead in primary poll
NH senators react to Hagel resignation