Adopted dog's traumatic arrival leads to chase, bill, ticket
"We understand that owners need to be responsible for their dogs, but hadn't even gotten the chance to take custody of the dog at that time," Liane St. Laurent said Tuesday night. "This dog crossed I-95 a couple times. We're lucky no one was killed."
"There's definitely a darker side that most of us aren't told about," Liane St. Laurent said.
"They told us the dog was acting snippy and was very nervous," Liane said. "She was very scared after the long trip."
The St. Laurents said staffers from All Paws stuck around for a little while in hopes of luring Annie back, but eventually had to leave.
Contacted by email on Wednesday, All Paws owner Pepper Stidmon said Andre St. Laurent did not bring the specified adjustable collar — a fact the St. Laurents dispute.
"She was terrified and in flight mode," Stidmon said. "We were in the process of setting up feeding stations and securing a trap when she was caught."
A Maine state trooper contacted the couple to inform them Annie had been spotted in Kittery. Andre said he drove out to meet with the trooper, who issued him a civil citation.
A call made to the Maine State Police on Wednesday wasn't immediately returned.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Hudson selectmen approve ambulance fee increases - 0
- Derry Council revises tax cut goal - 0
- Londonderry board rejects workforce housing variances - 0
- Derry Administrator opposes council goal of cutting Derry tax rate - 0
- Thursday meeting to address Windham water project concerns - 0
- Derry takes steps to improve rundown buildings - 0
- Derry fire chief is retiring - 0
- Aldermen not quite ready to endorse art plan - 0
- Citing transparency, Merrimack officials won't hold private meetings with pipeline developers - 2
READER COMMENTS: 0
- State House Dome: Just past Concord session a mixed bag - 0
- Monarchs squeak by Bruins - 0
- Memorial hockey shuts out Trinity - 0
- Dover's Parratto a national champion - 0
- UNH defense comes up big against Redbirds - 0
- St. Anselm men knock off Post - 0
- Leadership, defense made Katie Bishop, of Conway, an All-American - 0
- Jet menace faltered under Rex - 0
- Strong start lifts Bedford to win - 0
UNH loses to Illinois State
Cyber security a fear in NH, too
A new era for Nashua's police force
Nashua police left rattled by tot's death
Haylee Ann-Marie Patten