North Country battle escalates: Colebrook won't send police help to Stewartstown
Quinn said Tuesday he was “aware that there is a situation” between Colebrook and Stewartstown, adding that he was lining up discussions with the appropriate officials.
On March 10, Judge Peter Cyr found in favor of Stewartstown in a small-claims suit filed by Colebrook in First Circuit Court in Lancaster.
Colebrook said it costs $225 per call for its officer to go to Stewartstown, which has neither a police department nor fire department. It contracts for fire coverage with nearby Beecher Falls, Vt.
“We were hoping as a board that this thing would go away,” said Burns, and that the relationship between the towns would return to what it had been before the lawsuit.
READER COMMENTS: 1
- In NH, overhunting of RINOs is causing problems - 6
- Another View -- Shawn Jasper: It is time to get to work for the people of NH - 13
- Charles M. Arlinghaus: Read these books, OK? - 1
- Another View - Debra and Marc Tice: Give families a say in hostage policy - 1
- Thomas Sowell: Politicians betray us by betraying our protectors - 1
- Another View -- Ross Gittell and Jeremy Hitchcock: By focusing on student success, NH community colleges prove their value - 1
- Another View -- David Scannell: A justified federal civil rights action in Manchester's schools - 5
- Pat Buchanan -- Jonathan Gruber, honest liberal - 4
- Jonah Goldberg: Thinking about torture - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Hampstead home invasion suspect wants evidence tossed - 0
- Police say man swung ax at ex - 0
- Celtics dominate Orlando - 0
- Bruins hold on in Minnesota, beat Wild in OT - 0
- Andreoff hat trick paces Monarchs - 0
- Board of Ed finds in favor of Goffstown; Dunbarton plans Supreme Court appeal - 0
- More theft-related charges for Raymond woman - 0
- Derry Administrator opposes council goal of cutting Derry tax rate - 0
- Thursday meeting to address Windham water project concerns - 0
Police arrest pair after bullets fly
Jeb takes a dip: First Flavor of the Week
Charles M. Arlinghaus: Read these books, OK?
Vermont's disaster: A Obamedy of errors
NH reacts to thaw with Cuba
Power Plays: BANANAS and NH's energy needs
Police: Man endangered child after overdose