Cassel to perform in Peterborough
Hanneke Cassel, who most recently released the 2013 disc "Dot the Dragon's Eyes," will bring her band to the Unitarian Universalist Church, 25 Main St., Peterborough, for an 8 p.m. show of Scottish- and Celtic-influenced fiddler fare on Saturday. Hanneke will be joined by cellist Mike Block (her husband) and guitarist Christopher Lewis. Tickets are available online at www.heptunesconcerts.com. Cassel, the 1997 U.S. National Scottish Fiddle Champion, has performed and taught across North America, Europe, New Zealand, Australia, China, and Africa. She is on the faculty at her alma mater, Boston's Berklee College of Music. "Dot the Dragon's Eyes" features an all-star cast of musicians, including Block, Rushad Eggleston (Crooked Still), Jeremy Kittel (formerly of Turtle island String Quartet), Ryan McKasson, Cali McKasson Kovin, Christopher Lewis and Keith Murphy.
To improve the chance of seeing your comment posted here or published in the New Hampshire Union Leader:
- Identify yourself. Accounts using fake or incomplete names are suspended regardless of the quality of posts.
- Say something new, stay on topic, keep it short.
- Links to outside URLs are discouraged, if used they should be on topic.
- Avoid comments in bad taste, write well, avoid using all capital letters
- Don't cite facts about individuals or businesses without providing a means to verify the claim
- If you see an objectionable comment please click the "Report Abuse" button and be sure to tell us why.
Note: Comments are the opinion of the respective poster and not of the publisher.Be the first to comment.