Pats Peak fundraiser benefits melanoma research
Bertie Holland, a representative from Peter’s Fund Racer, receives a $5,260 check from Lori Rowell, right, director of marketing at Pats Peak Ski Area as part of the “SPF Days Go Sun Smart” special. (Courtesy)
The “SPF Days Go Sun Smart” campaign donated $5,260 to “Peter’s Fund Racer” to support melanoma research. SPF lip balm, to protect lips from the sun’s harmful rays, was handed out during the fundraiser.
“The end of the season is a great time for our skiers and riders to get a deal on midweek lift ticket prices,” said Kris Blomack, Pats Peak general manager. “Our snowsports director is a huge supporter of this event and we are happy to be able to continue to contribute to the cause during our March specials.”
Malignant melanoma is a deadly form of skin cancer.
Peter’s Fund Racer is named in honor of Peter M. Newton. Melanoma claimed Newton’s life at the age of 46 on May 23, 1999.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- These were a few of our favorite things… - 0
- Store-bought snacks? Really? These treats are almost as easy, and much more delicious - 0
- Driver Taryn Laskey is all bark and bite behind wheel - 0
- Lots of chances to laugh on Dec. 31 - 0
- The Amazing Nano Brothers to captivate in Concord - 0
- Documentary marks Backstreet Boys' highs and lows - 0
- Traditional, contemporary photography at Edwards gallery - 0
- Builder discusses construction of Ice Castle project in Lincoln - 0
- Robots to return to NH science center - 0
Win tickets to see Linkin Park
Enter to win tickets to see Tom Chapin