Pats Peak fundraiser benefits melanoma research
Bertie Holland, a representative from Peter’s Fund Racer, receives a $5,260 check from Lori Rowell, right, director of marketing at Pats Peak Ski Area as part of the “SPF Days Go Sun Smart” special. (Courtesy)
The “SPF Days Go Sun Smart” campaign donated $5,260 to “Peter’s Fund Racer” to support melanoma research. SPF lip balm, to protect lips from the sun’s harmful rays, was handed out during the fundraiser.
“The end of the season is a great time for our skiers and riders to get a deal on midweek lift ticket prices,” said Kris Blomack, Pats Peak general manager. “Our snowsports director is a huge supporter of this event and we are happy to be able to continue to contribute to the cause during our March specials.”
Malignant melanoma is a deadly form of skin cancer.
Peter’s Fund Racer is named in honor of Peter M. Newton. Melanoma claimed Newton’s life at the age of 46 on May 23, 1999.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- NH Senior News: Maple Suites in Dover hosting free seminar to look at cost of dementia care - 0
- Keene 'Dump Derby' participants pick up 20,000 pumpkins - 0
- Taking pride in their recovery - 0
- Route 101 In Auburn Renamed For 101st Airborne 'Screaming Eagles' - 0
- Worth keeping all these years later: A Churchill cigar (yes, that Churchill) - 0
- Keene Pumpkin Festival brings out big admission from Boston mascot - 0
- John Harrigan: A sad dog story, borders and Ebola - 0
- Hundreds attend memorial for slain journalist on his birthday - 0
- Gail Fisher's Dog Tracks: Trimming dog's weight may be as simple as a smaller scoop and bowl - 0
Keene Pumpkin Festival has uncertain future
Fall hikers throughout NH put on notice
Enter to win tickets to see Ani DiFranco
NH's back-road rest areas fading away
Shaheen, in Hooksett, rallies with union
Monitoring social media
After riots, soul-searching begins