Pats Peak fundraiser benefits melanoma research
Bertie Holland, a representative from Peter’s Fund Racer, receives a $5,260 check from Lori Rowell, right, director of marketing at Pats Peak Ski Area as part of the “SPF Days Go Sun Smart” special. (Courtesy)
The “SPF Days Go Sun Smart” campaign donated $5,260 to “Peter’s Fund Racer” to support melanoma research. SPF lip balm, to protect lips from the sun’s harmful rays, was handed out during the fundraiser.
“The end of the season is a great time for our skiers and riders to get a deal on midweek lift ticket prices,” said Kris Blomack, Pats Peak general manager. “Our snowsports director is a huge supporter of this event and we are happy to be able to continue to contribute to the cause during our March specials.”
Malignant melanoma is a deadly form of skin cancer.
Peter’s Fund Racer is named in honor of Peter M. Newton. Melanoma claimed Newton’s life at the age of 46 on May 23, 1999.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Bedford pizza shop gets a visit from a famous former employee - 0
- It's ice fishing time, and here are some tips to make it great - 0
- Contra dance capital in Nelson - 0
- Seth Meyers visits Bedford pizza shop where he worked as teen - 2
- Nature Talks: Taking a closer look at the red-bellied woodpecker - 0
- Pinkerton Academy students learn audio production from a pro - 0
- 'Interview' buzz spreads to NH - 5
- Lyndeborough official would not give up on tree - 0
- A look back at some favorite wines of the year - 0
Thoughts as we move from one year to another
'Interview' buzz spreads to NH
Contra dance capital in Nelson
Merrimack teen allegedly held girl captive
Details of Reams inquiry released