Special Olympics basketball set for Derry, Londonderry
More than 800 Special Olympics athletes fully able partners are expected to participate in this weekend's games, which will take place at venues in both Derry and Londonderry.
"Basketball continues to be one of our most popular athletic offerings and continues to grow," Gretyl Macalaster, communications manager for Special Olympics NH, said in a release.
Among the weekend's highlights is a competition between the team that's representing New Hampshire in the 2014 USA Games in New Jersey this summer and three other teams in their division. The game is set for Saturday at 9 a.m. at Pinkerton's Hackler Gym.
Special Olympics New Hampshire is still seeking volunteers to assist with timing, scorekeeping and lunch serving at the events this weekend. For more information on volunteer opportunities, contact Miranda Morse at 624-1250, ext. 24, or email@example.com.
To improve the chance of seeing your comment posted here or published in the New Hampshire Union Leader:
- Identify yourself. Accounts using fake or incomplete names are suspended regardless of the quality of posts.
- Say something new, stay on topic, keep it short.
- Links to outside URLs are discouraged, if used they should be on topic.
- Avoid comments in bad taste, write well, avoid using all capital letters
- Don't cite facts about individuals or businesses without providing a means to verify the claim
- If you see an objectionable comment please click the "Report Abuse" button and be sure to tell us why.
Note: Comments are the opinion of the respective poster and not of the publisher.Be the first to comment.