Dec 4, 2014
Oct 30, 2014
Oct 2, 2014
Sep 25, 2014
Derry man charged in hammer attack to be treated at state hospital
Judge David Anderson agreed to temporarily free Decoste so he could undergo treatment at New Hampshire Hospital.
He faces up to 7½ to 15 years in prison if he is convicted of the assault charges.
When police arrived at Decoste’s apartment, he allegedly charged at the officers from his bedroom and swung the claw end of a hammer at the head of Derry police Officer Peter Houlis, according to court records.
During a struggle with the officers, Decoste also grabbed onto the grip of Sgt. Shawn O’Donaghue’s firearm and tried to remove it from the holster, according to the indictment.
Anderson said in a court order that Decoste will remain at the hospital “until NHH staff deem it appropriate to discharge the defendant.”
READER COMMENTS: 0
- In Gorham, landlord saw a change in kidnap suspect - 0
- Family of abduction survivor Elizabeth Smart offers hope in wake of Conway teen's ordeal - 1
- Feds step up protection against sexual violence - 0
- 2 more arrested over alleged drug dealer robbery in Exeter - 0
- State seeks to address handling of campus assaults - 0
- Update: Londonderry search of shooting victim's home has concluded - 0
- N.Y. man sentenced in sex assault of NH child in 1988 - 0
- Hearing ordered in 1971 murder - 0
- Police investigating bank robbery in Nashua - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Dave D'Onfrio's Patriots Notebook: Finding a way to win - 0
- Sam Asano's Let's Invent: NoNose gets readers talking like nobody's business - 0
- Know the Law: Your trust can be named beneficiary of an IRA - 0
- Another View -- Bill O'Brien: Ask your state rep. to vote for transparency in the House - 0
- Old friends and a 'homeless angel' make for good stories anytime - 0
- Clooney gets it: Sony attack was not a 'crime' - 0
- New coats warm city kids, firefighters' hearts - 0
- NHIAA Roundup: Martin, Pinkerton top Salem in tournament - 0
- Inmate reported missing from Concord transitional unit - 0
The Sony hack: Kim's judgment of Obama
Tensions boil over after NYC police killings
- Whom do you think bears the brunt of the blame for the mayhem this weekend in Keene?
- KSC students
- KSC administration
- Visitors from out of town
- A combination of any/all of the above
- Total Votes: 2483