Dec 4, 2014
Oct 30, 2014
Oct 2, 2014
Sep 25, 2014
Derry man charged in hammer attack to be treated at state hospital
Judge David Anderson agreed to temporarily free Decoste so he could undergo treatment at New Hampshire Hospital.
He faces up to 7½ to 15 years in prison if he is convicted of the assault charges.
When police arrived at Decoste’s apartment, he allegedly charged at the officers from his bedroom and swung the claw end of a hammer at the head of Derry police Officer Peter Houlis, according to court records.
During a struggle with the officers, Decoste also grabbed onto the grip of Sgt. Shawn O’Donaghue’s firearm and tried to remove it from the holster, according to the indictment.
Anderson said in a court order that Decoste will remain at the hospital “until NHH staff deem it appropriate to discharge the defendant.”
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Maine police search car belonging to husband of Londonderry shooting victim - 0
- Man arrested after chase, threatening to shoot police in Bow - 0
- Good Samaritan pins Manchester purse snatcher - 0
- Police look for Laconia sub shop robber - 0
- Claremont man indicted on two charges of arson - 0
- Police hunt pair they believe attacked couple at Rochester motel - 0
- Phone evidence likely allowed in Hampstead home invasion trial - 0
- Grand jury indicts one of three men accused in murder of Madbury teen - 0
- Piano teacher wants statement tossed before sex assault trial - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Homeless man who saved woman from river: 'I don't consider myself a hero' - 9
- High School Basketball: Rivalries renewed in QCIBT - 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: Will they get everything on their list? - 0
- Tuohy brothers add new restaurant in familiar spot - 0
- New Horizons volunteers deliver groceries and good cheer, making Christmas special - 0
- Charles Arlinghaus: The fiscal mismanagement in Washington is a choice - 25
- 'Yes, Virginia, there is a Santa Claus' - 0
Londonderry schools placed on lockdown after soldier's unplanned visit to high school causes alarm
Police say woman tried to steal 15 iPads
- Whom do you think bears the brunt of the blame for the mayhem this weekend in Keene?
- KSC students
- KSC administration
- Visitors from out of town
- A combination of any/all of the above
- Total Votes: 2483