PUC report says PSNH should sell its plants and the public should pay
Electricity customers in the state just recently finished paying their share of PSNH losses from the sale of the Seabrook Nuclear Power Plant more than a decade ago, and now would acquire a new stranded cost charge for divestiture of the remaining power plants if the PUC issues such an order, and it survives possible court challenges.
The PUC report conceded that PSNH ownership of the power plants helped control energy costs for New Hampshire consumers during the bitterly cold winter, but added, "It is important to not view the issues based only on current events."
"That's being dismissive of some very serious warnings that the power grid operator is providing to regional leaders and to federal authorities as recently as yesterday," he said. "There are very serious times ahead, and the impact and the variables can't be known with certainty. There's got to be a very comprehensive and thoughtful discussion about what we ought to do to ensure that customers are protected."
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Developer says proposed LNG plant in Groveton 'on hold' - 2
- Lundberg survey says gas prices fall as refinery output rises - 0
- Peterborough OKs state's largest solar array project - 0
- Settlement reached between Groton Wind and state AG's office - 1
- Peterborough makes plans for state's largest solar array - 0
- Alexandria won't approve permit for wind-power developer - 0
- Windham officials to discuss development - 0
- AMC asking N.E. governors to stop Northern Pass lines - 25
- Alternative routes being laid out for gas pipeline expansion - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Distracted legislating: Our baseless cellphone ban - 0
- Another View -- Betsy McCaughey: Our free lunch President - 0
- Another View -- Karlyn Borysenko: Workplace bullying is a serious problem, governor - 0
- Workplace abuse: Governor gets one right - 0
- Red Sox pull Lester from Wednesday start amid trade rumors - 0
- Accused Abby kidnapper Kibby had past minor brushes with police - 0
- Police say youths at New Boston underage drinking party resisted arrest - 0
- Man hospitalized following Rochester shooting; suspect still at large - 0
- Muskrats, Swamp Bats split twinbill - 0
Win tickets to see ZZ Top
Win tickets to see the Pretty Reckless
Abby's alleged kidnapper held on $1M bail
When company comes, opt for variety
Dover man sought in Rochester shooting
Supporters are now 'Abby Strong'
Canobie Lake Park shuts down popular ride