Thomas Sowell: Is Obama deliberately sacrificing American interests?
President Obama's undermining of stable and unthreatening governments in Egypt and Libya, opening both to Islamic extremists, while doing nothing that was likely to keep Iran from going nuclear, seems more consistent with the views of Rush Limbaugh, Dinesh D'Souza, et al., than with the views of most other critics.
Derrick Bell was not a stupid man. He was a man placed where he should never have been placed, where there was no self-respecting role for him to play, without going off on some strange tangent. That Barack Obama literally embraced Prof. Bell publicly in law school, and urged others to listen to him, says much about Obama.
Thomas Sowell is a senior fellow at the Hoover Institution at Stanford University. His website is www.tsowell.com.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Mark Hayward's City Matters: Manchester's bike culture shifts into high gear - 0
- Mark Hayward's City Matters: Central buddies play on - 1
- DIY addition draws city's, neighbors' ire - 6
- Mark Hayward's City Matters: Negroni family lays claim to namesake cocktail - 0
- Mark Hayward's City Matters: West Side neighborhood loses trees and backyard privacy for the summer - 1
- Mark Hayward's City Matters: Southside Middle School, where nary a gripe will be heard - 5
- Mark Hayward's City Matters: Take a walk through Manchester's history - 0
- Mark Hayward's City Matters: Building owner says it's not easy being a landlord - 2
- Mark Hayward's City Matters: 50 years later, a constant ringing - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- NH Shrine team girds for Vt.'s ground attack - 0
- On Baseball: Fishers prospects sweat out deadline day - 0
- Goffstown ready for LL regional tourney - 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Sox Beat -- Message is clear: Offense needs boost - 0
- Marina dealers say boat sales are on the rise - 0
- Another View -- Gilles Bissonnette: Why voting in NH is not reserved for state residents - 0
- John Stossel: Healthy profits? - 0
- Clinton vs. speech: Bullying first; what next? - 0
- Another View - Charles Lane: Your money is being spent by dead people - 0
Havenstein says he has always opposed Obamacare, though company he led was paid to implement parts of it
George Will: A conservative internationalism
Another View -- Gilles Bissonnette, William Christie, Alan Cronheim and Benjamin Siracusa Hillman: Why voting in NH is not reserved for state residents
Heroes all? A word cheapened by overuse
Market Basket customers mobilize
Mark Hayward's City Matters: Market Basket workers' outlook challenges the skeptics among us
Police held Abby suspect's guns
Punch line: The NFL blows it