Thomas Sowell: Is Obama deliberately sacrificing American interests?
President Obama's undermining of stable and unthreatening governments in Egypt and Libya, opening both to Islamic extremists, while doing nothing that was likely to keep Iran from going nuclear, seems more consistent with the views of Rush Limbaugh, Dinesh D'Souza, et al., than with the views of most other critics.
Derrick Bell was not a stupid man. He was a man placed where he should never have been placed, where there was no self-respecting role for him to play, without going off on some strange tangent. That Barack Obama literally embraced Prof. Bell publicly in law school, and urged others to listen to him, says much about Obama.
Thomas Sowell is a senior fellow at the Hoover Institution at Stanford University. His website is www.tsowell.com.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- State Sen. David Boutin apologizes for lapse in judgment - 17
- New victim protections passed by Legislature celebrated - 0
- Gov. Hassan asks agency heads for conservative budgets - 2
- Hassan runs first ad as GOP claims more irregularities - 0
- Interim IT, NH tourism heads approved - 0
- Manchester lawyer urged to seek District 16 Senate seat - 0
- NH July revenues prompt spending warning - 0
- Gov. Hassan set to nominate acting IT, state tourism chiefs - 0
- Gov. Hassan to nominate acting IT, tourism chiefs - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- NH Motor Speedway to again host two Sprint Cup Series weekends in 2015 - 0
- St. Anselm football players practice ini August heat - 0
- White, Glenn lift Fisher Cats over Harrisburg, 6-4 - 0
- KSC field hockey first in coaches poll - 0
- New England Patriots guard Mankins traded to Tampa for TE Wright - 0
- NH Fisher Cat Lee still striving for making it to the major leagues - 0
- Former city restaurateur gets jail sentence for sex assault - 0
- Former high school art teacher gets suspended sentence in drug case - 0
- New Manchester school district standards to give teachers more leeway - 0
Backyard boulder kills Raymond homeowner
Market Basket: 'So close, yet so far'
KSC field hockey first in coaches poll
Reports: Market Basket doomsday plan would shutter 61 of 71 stores if deal not struck soon
GOP for legal pot? Hemignway's high help
Ohio's Rob Portman: GOP can win back Senate