Aug 28, 2014
Aug 21, 2014
Aug 14, 2014
Jul 24, 2014
Lawyer maintains former Nashua alderman is innocent
“We are going to do everything we can to defend her, and we look forward to demonstrating that she is innocent of these charges,” attorney Joe Fricano said Friday at the Hillsborough County Superior Court.
A bail hearing will likely be scheduled in the near future to address Vitale’s bail, according to Fricano, who stressed that his client has no criminal history.
According to Fricano, Vitale is very concerned about the allegations, and did not anticipate the indictments that were recently handed up by a Hillsborough County Superior Court grand jury.
Since being indicted, Vitale, 54, of 8 Massasoit Rd., has taken a leave of absence from her position on the Nashua Zoning Board of Adjustment where she currently sits as an alternate member.
Police allege that Vitale, sometime between Nov. 27, 2013 and Feb. 19, 2014, conspired with Ernesto Rivera, 48, and Rene Lavoie, 52, to persuade Elvira Kersey to recant her statement in an assault case against Rivera.
Rivera is accused of assaulting two women, including Kersey, during a dispute last August at a Nashua restaurant that resulted in six domestic violence assault charges.
Lavoie has also been indicted on two counts of conspiracy to witness tampering for the same incident, says court documents.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- West Lebanon man accused of secretly recording child - 0
- Prosecutors seek to block documents from advisor's fraud trial - 0
- Former EMT receives probation for theft of fentanyl - 0
- Biker faces charges after high-speed chase at 127 mph - 0
- NH teen killers to get sentence reviews after state Supreme Court decision - 7
- Manchester raid came 8 months after home invasion - 4
- NH killer in 1991 Smart trial seeks time with wife - 14
- Newport shooting victim in stable but critical condition - 0
- Nashua arrests 9 on drug warrants - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Know the Law: Know your rights when dealing with debt collectors - 0
- Ask SCORE: Getting help with routine chores allows owners to focus on critical issues - 0
- Another View - Richard Ober: We have to act now to stop the decline in NH's future prospects - 0
- Another View: Gordon Humphrey -- Rubens will bring principled, courageous leadership to Senate - 1
- Firefly dress could set the world on fire - 0
- As school year starts, talk of new testing begins in Manchester - 1
- Wildcats focus on positives following opening loss - 0
- NHIAA Field Hockey Preview: Exeter, Pinkerton girls thinking big - 0
- Frank Jones' foray into ale-making in Portsmouth is a success - 0
Two killed in North Hampton plane crash
DWI License Revocations
Sherborne takes Manchester city golf crown
'Our job is to rebuild that middle class'
The JV team: Obama's unbelievable admission
- Total Votes: 917