Nov 6, 2014
Oct 30, 2014
Oct 2, 2014
Sep 25, 2014
Police say Derry man paid underage girls for sex
Raymond Black, 60, of 110 Chases Grove Road, turned himself in to police and was arrested Thursday after being notified of a warrant, according to a news release.
Black is charged with: one count of aggravated felonious sexual assault, a class A felony; one count of attempted aggravated felonious sexual assault, a class B felony; one count of felonious sexual assault, a class B felony; and four counts of prostitution, a class B felony; and one count of indecent exposure, a misdemeanor, according to police.
The charges are the result of an investigation that began in October 2013. Derry Police received reports alleging underage youths had been using drugs and alcohol at Black's residence, police said.
It was also alleged that Black had solicited underage girls to perform sexual acts with him for money. The alleged conduct occurred between the summer and fall of 2013, according to police.
Through an investigation, detectives identified two female victims who are believed to have been sexually assaulted by Black. The alleged victims are 13 years old, live in the area and attend middle schools, police said.
Black was arraigned at the 10th Circuit Court - Derry District on Thursday. Bail was set at $25,000.00 cash and Black was taken to Rockingham County Jail. Black is scheduled to appear before the Derry court on Tuesday, April 8 for a probable cause hearing, according to police.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Innocent verdict in vehicle death of former Amherst Fire Chief - 1
- NH Guard Officer convicted of sex trafficking - 0
- MBTA sergeant facing a dozen charges after multiple arrests - 0
- Portsmouth mechanic arrested Friday on theft charges - 0
- Police looking for person who apparently abandoned dog Friday at Concord Dog Park - 0
- Police: Conn. woman falsely accused KSC student of rape - 2
- Jury acquits Mont Vernon driver, who was checking text, in death of former Amherst fire chief - 7
- Two injured in Rochester crash - 0
- Rochester man arrested on drug charge - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Police obtain warrants for suspect wanted in Dover, Manchester bank robberies - 0
- Abby Dion, 9, records a 10 in gymnastics meet - 0
- St. A skaters fall to Norwich - 0
- Monarchs lose in OT; win streak stops at 6 - 0
- College Football: Maine seniors want the coveted musket - 0
- College Hockey: Ice-making problem postpones UNH-PC - 0
- Pinkerton backfield a combination of power and speed - 0
- John Habib's City Sports: State Legion rejects Post 79’s request for senior team - 1
- Tentative deal for old Manchester police station - 1
Jury acquits Mont Vernon driver, who was checking text, in death of former Amherst fire chief
Offend someone? To jail with you!
Obama to illegals: Come out of shadows
NH asks feds for waiver on Medicaid
Driver acquitted in Amherst ex-chief’s death
A kinder, gentler House Speaker?
College Football: Wildcats are CAA champs
College Hockey: Providence blanks UNH
- Whom do you think bears the brunt of the blame for the mayhem this weekend in Keene?
- KSC students
- KSC administration
- Visitors from out of town
- A combination of any/all of the above
- Total Votes: 2483