Sep 18, 2014
Sep 4, 2014
Aug 28, 2014
Aug 21, 2014
Londonderry police standoff ends in arrest
Police were summoned to the local residence shortly before 11:30 p.m. Thursday evening after a resident called requesting police presence, noting that his daughter's boyfriend was out of control.
The suspect, identified by police as William Silva, 44, was allegedly brandishing a hatchet and knife and threatening to kill other members of the household.
Police Detective Christopher Olson said Silva had been involved in another physical altercation in Manchester earlier Thursday and upon returning to Londonderry, had barricaded himself in one of the bedrooms.
Police evacuated the home as they began attempts to negotiate with Silva, establishing an outer perimeter as well as a presence inside the home as they awaited the Special Operations Unit team.
Several hours later, police discovered Silva hiding in the house: he was arrested shortly after 4 a.m. following a brief confrontation.
"We later determined that Silva was, in fact, armed with a hatchet and knives," Olson said Friday afternoon.
Silva is being held on $50,000 cash bail after being charged with three counts of criminal threatening, resisting arrest and felon in possession of a deadly weapon.
He will appear in the Derry Circuit Court on April 14 at 10 a.m.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Son used AK-47 to kill mother, then himself in Amherst home - 23
- Police arrest two following Portsmouth fight with hammer and knife - 0
- Mass. resident arrested on warrant tied to Pelham donation jar theft - 1
- Manchester SWAT team swoops in on South Mammoth Road home - 0
- Pot plants worth $25,000 seized in Wilmot - 0
- Lawyers for Manchester man challenge competency of suspect in 2001 Auburn murder - 0
- Two-car crash in Salem prompts arrest of both drivers - 0
- Keene man charged with assault on 2-year-old - 1
- Former Nashua alderman's witness tampering trial postponed - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Kuster, Shea-Porter split on vote to arm Syrian rebels - 0
- Man arrested in White Park stabbing in Concord - 0
- Motorcyclist in serious condition at Maine hospital following crash on Route 125 in Rochester - 0
- Rochester 10-year-old, grandmother escape fire in home with no smoke detectors - 0
- Dean Kamen is a genius inventor, and he's pretty good at oratory, too - 3
- Tom Herzig's Trackside: Modified tour is shortened - 0
- Patriots Notebook: Pats wary of veteran playmaker Woodson - 0
- College Football: Expect offense when Richmond, UNH meet - 0
- Young fighters' dreams on display tonight at Fight to Educate - 0
Keene man charged with assault on 2-year-old
Two arrested, car and cash seized in SWAT raid, drug bust at South Mammoth Road home in Manchester
Casino gambles: Hopes dashed all over
Mark Hayward's City Matters: Dean Kamen is a genius inventor, and he's pretty good at oratory, too
- Mass. Supreme Judicial Court has found upskirt photos taken on a subway aren't illegal. Should such voyeurism be a crime?
- Total Votes: 917