Home » News » Public Safety
Manchester detective assigned full-time to federal fugitive task force
U.S. Marshal David Cargill Jr. and Manchester Police Chief David Mara, in a joint news release, said Manchester has been involved in the task force on a part-time basis since its inception in 2002.
"Being that Manchester is the largest city in the state of New Hampshire, the Marshals Fugitive Task Force has had a long-time presence in the city, but this enhanced effort will increase the presence of the task force in Manchester resulting in a more significant number of wanted fugitives being arrested," said Cargill.
Manchester, the state's largest city, also produces a large amount of felony warrants, according to the law enforcement officials.
"Combining our resources and manpower will assist in the reduction of outstanding warrants and reduce the amount of wanted felons on the streets of Manchester resulting in even safer streets," said Mara. "We want those criminals hiding out in the Queen City to know that we are coming for them. This initiative enhances and expands our long-time partnership with the U.S. Marshals."
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Abby says it's incredible to be home; mom tells TODAY daughter did not run away - 9
- Dozens of ill Keith Urban fans treated at concert near Boston - 0
- Five hikers rescued in separate incidents Saturday - 2
- Powerboat hits canoe on Winnipesaukee - 5
- Police search for driver in Hollis hit-and-run - 1
- Canoe, powerboat collide on Lake Winnipesaukee - 0
- Brothers escape being hit by circling boat - 1
- Cornish truck driver charged in fatal Merrimack crash - 3
- Truck flips on I-93 at Exit 4 on-ramp in Londonderry - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Distracted legislating: Our baseless cellphone ban - 0
- Another View -- Betsy McCaughey: Our free lunch President - 0
- Another View -- Karlyn Borysenko: Workplace bullying is a serious problem, governor - 0
- Workplace abuse: Governor gets one right - 0
- Red Sox pull Lester from Wednesday start amid trade rumors - 0
- Accused Abby kidnapper Kibby had past minor brushes with police - 0
- Police say youths at New Boston underage drinking party resisted arrest - 0
- Man hospitalized following Rochester shooting; suspect still at large - 0
- Muskrats, Swamp Bats split twinbill - 0
Win tickets to see ZZ Top
Win tickets to see the Pretty Reckless
Win tickets to see Ziggy Marley
Abby's alleged kidnapper held on $1M bail
When company comes, opt for variety
Dover man sought in Rochester shooting
Supporters are now 'Abby Strong'
Canobie Lake Park shuts down popular ride