Home » News » Public Safety
Manchester detective assigned full-time to federal fugitive task force
U.S. Marshal David Cargill Jr. and Manchester Police Chief David Mara, in a joint news release, said Manchester has been involved in the task force on a part-time basis since its inception in 2002.
"Being that Manchester is the largest city in the state of New Hampshire, the Marshals Fugitive Task Force has had a long-time presence in the city, but this enhanced effort will increase the presence of the task force in Manchester resulting in a more significant number of wanted fugitives being arrested," said Cargill.
Manchester, the state's largest city, also produces a large amount of felony warrants, according to the law enforcement officials.
"Combining our resources and manpower will assist in the reduction of outstanding warrants and reduce the amount of wanted felons on the streets of Manchester resulting in even safer streets," said Mara. "We want those criminals hiding out in the Queen City to know that we are coming for them. This initiative enhances and expands our long-time partnership with the U.S. Marshals."
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Talk of 'wings on pigs' threats on police tests U.S. speech rights - 0
- Brentwood police look to increase coverage after officer's death in May - 4
- Londonderry schools placed on lockdown after soldier's unplanned visit to high school causes alarm - 38
- Police investigate report of shots fired - 0
- Manchester blaze that left dozens homeless was accidental - 0
- Milford woman injured in Bedford crash - 0
- Park on any side of the street in Manchester during Christmas week - 0
- NYC mayor wants protests on hold after police deaths - 0
- Mother of two says she's lucky, even though condo destroyed in blaze - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Two Manchester women arrested in separate shoplifting incidents in Hooksett - 1
- Maine police search car belonging to husband of Londonderry shooting victim - 0
- Man arrested after chase, threatening to shoot police in Bow - 0
- Good Samaritan pins Manchester purse snatcher - 0
- Homeless man who saved woman from river: 'I don't consider myself a hero' - 9
- High School Basketball: Rivalries renewed in QCIBT - 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: Will they get everything on their list? - 0
- Tuohy brothers add new restaurant in familiar spot - 0
- New Horizons volunteers deliver groceries and good cheer, making Christmas special - 0
Londonderry schools placed on lockdown after soldier's unplanned visit to high school causes alarm
NH's fishing industry staggered
Police say woman tried to steal 15 iPads