Keene State officially welcomes new school president
Anne E. Huot was inaugurated as Keene State College's 10th president in a ceremony in Spaulding Gymnasium at the college on Friday. (Meghan Pierce/union Leader Correspondent)
Standing before the audience, Huot said her heart was filled with joy, and she was humbled by the confidence placed in her.
"When it comes to Keene State College, I have gone all in," Huot said. "I am an Owl for life."
Huot thanked her many family members present at the ceremony.
Along with her family, Huot said, she was also grateful to the mentors in her life, especially Rene Charles Lachapelle, her former professor when she was a graduate student at the University of Vermont.
Huot announced the endowment of the Rene Charles Lachapelle Fund in his memory.
"Over the course of 100 years, the college has evolved to meet the needs of its students, ensuring the relevancy of its mission and honoring its core value that public education is a public good," Huot said.
And like other colleges and universities, Keene State will face many hard decisions.
Huot has 24 years of academic leadership experience. After living outside of her home state for the past 28 years, the New Hampshire native returned to the Granite State last spring to step in as the new Keene State president.
Before coming to Keene, Huot had most recently served as provost and vice president for academic affairs for the past six years at the College at Brockport, State University of New York.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- George Will: Real bribery at the voting booth - 0
- Charles Krauthammer: The jihadi logic - 0
- Rep. Stephen Shurtleff: What NH can accomplish when we cooperate in Concord - 2
- Brian Bouchard's NH Legal Perspective: Cloudy with a chance of trade secret forfeiture - 0
- Another View -- Ben Rose: How NH's John Stark helped defeat the British at Saratoga - 1
- John Stossel: Making legal immigration easier would help America - 2
- Deroy Murdock: Hillary's Benghazi-Whitewater connection? - 6
- George Will: Obama needs Congress to approve this war - 0
- Jonah Goldberg: Obama is rushing into war against Islamic State - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: Not your standard victory - 0
- Diane Foley is a lady of extraordinary elegance - 0
- Mayor's police contract veto may face override in Nashua - 0
- Havenstein to unveil 'Pledge 2.0' today, saying, 'I won't spend money we don't have' - 1
- Motivation Matters: Hey, boss! How am I doing? - 0
- Big Idea Group a startup breeding ground - 0
- North Country summit to highlight job creation - 0
- Food stamp loophole not a go in NH - 0
- Your Turn, NH -- Everett Pollard: Mount Sunapee's master plan will benefit whole region - 0
7 hikers rescued from Pawtuckaway
Foreclosure relief clinic Oct. 1 in Derry
Food stamp loophole not a go in NH
NH's future: Dean Kamen highlights a problem