Home » News » Public Safety
Driver misjudges height of Rochester trestle
Police say a Manchester truck driver hauling dumpsters crashed into the railroad trestle over Haven Hill Road Friday afternoon, temporarily closing both the road and the trestle bridge. (COURTESY)
According to police, Tyler Spencer, 25, was driving west when the dumpsters he was hauling in the bed of a Kenworth truck struck the railroad trestle shortly before 3 p.m. The force caused the dumpsters to be ejected from the rear of the truck, damaging both the containers and the vehicle.
Police contacted North Coast Railroad, which sent an inspector to check the trestle for damage, according to a press release.
Sgt. Patrick Emerson said the rail company held up one of its trains, which haul materials on that line, as a result of the crash. And Haven Hill Road was reduced to one lane for about 30 minutes.
However, police noted the trestle is clearly posted for the lower height limit, with signs and flashing lights to alert drivers. The bridge has been struck in the past, prompting authorities to put those safety measures in place, police said.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Citizen's Police Academy in Manchester set for Oct. 1 - 0
- Heating unit cause of blaze in Manchester - 0
- Mother of Bedford student hit by car says safety should come first on school grounds - 5
- Keene police officer on bicycle struck by car - 0
- Antidote carried by NH first responders a life-saver for heroin overdoses - 0
- In neglect cases, indigent parents may lose legal help - 2
- Hot spotlight put on NH domestic violence - 2
- NH Coalition Against Domestic and Sexual Violence is seeking funding - 0
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Two weekend robberies reported in Manchester, one committed by man in sling, 'Rocky Squirrel' hat - 0
- Man stabbed in leg in Manchester incident - 0
- Senate sustains Hassan veto of bill to revamp juvenile justice system - 1
- Possible negotiated plea for Nashua dad accused of negligent homicide in son's death - 0
- Amherst man facing charges in August Merrimack accident - 0
- Dan Tuohy's Granite Status: Brown v. Shaheen: A tale of new polls - 4
- Traffic backed up a mile in Hampton tractor-trailer accident - 0
- NHIAA Football Power Poll; Who's No. 1 this week? - 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: Belichick's 200th was a trademark triumph - 0
In 2nd District race, Garcia bucks Obamacare
Attorney claims illegal phone seizure following Christmas Eve accident that killed Brookline mom
Find the hidden cash stashed downtown
Strategery: A war by any other name
Freeh dumb: Favoritism in Vt.?
Lawyer wants cellphone evidence thrown out
Mexican man pleads guilty in international conspiracy to traffic hundreds of pounds of cocaine
20140915-Adam Sandler reflects on his and Chris Farley’s firing from ‘SNL': ‘It hurt a lot’
Your Turn, NH -- Ted Menswar Jr.: How Manchester pulled together to honor one of its greats