Home » News » Public Safety
Neighbor uses skidder to help free stuck fire truck in Walpole
Fire Chief Richard Hurlburt said the neighbor brought his skidder to help. "He ended up pulling our truck all the way to the top with his skidder," he said.
He said the cause of the fire was "an improperly installed woodstove."
The owner had left home around 6 a.m. Saturday.
It took 40 minutes for about 35 firefighters from Walpole and Bellows Falls and Westminster, Vt., to bring the fire under control.
Hurlburt said they likely could have prevented about half the damage if the fire engine could have gotten up the 1,100-foot driveway faster.
Hurlburt said Fletcher and his son are staying with relatives; the home was insured.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Fire leaves Derry family of four homeless - 0
- Homeless man rescues woman who jumped from Granite Street Bridge - 2
- Propane driver saved from waist-deep mud - 0
- Update: Men target practicing face felonies after report of shots fired in Hooksett - 5
- One-alarm fire kept to chimney area of Bridgewater home - 0
- Nashua woman hurt in Pelham crash - 0
- Man hurt in fall from tree stand in Swanzey - 0
- Officials: Manchester's crime rate showing sizable decline - 0
- Spaulding Turnpike speed limit headed up from 55 to 65 - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Arrest of dad at Gilford School Board meeting about Picoult book 'chilling' says judge, case dismissed - 2
- Police say Londonderry investigation related to Maine home invasion is ongoing - 0
- N.Y. man sentenced in sex assault of NH child in 1988 - 0
- Convicted murderer entitled to hearing on new DNA evidence after 42 years, Supreme Court rules - 1
- Farmington school evacuated for bomb threat; police say kids are safe - 0
- Two charged in thefts from parked cars in Manchester - 0
- Hudson man arrested in Nashua check-cashing scheme - 0
- Police investigating bank robbery in Nashua - 0
- Felony drug charge for Rochester man in crack cocaine case - 0
BANANAS and NH's energy needs
Enter to win tickets to see Tom Chapin
NH reacts to thaw with Cuba
Vermont's disaster: An Obamedy of errors
Win tickets to see Linkin Park
Arrest of dad at Gilford School Board meeting about Picoult book 'chilling' says judge, case dismissed
Convicted murderer entitled to hearing on new DNA evidence after 42 years, Supreme Court rules