Home » News » Public Safety
Neighbor uses skidder to help free stuck fire truck in Walpole
Fire Chief Richard Hurlburt said the neighbor brought his skidder to help. "He ended up pulling our truck all the way to the top with his skidder," he said.
He said the cause of the fire was "an improperly installed woodstove."
The owner had left home around 6 a.m. Saturday.
It took 40 minutes for about 35 firefighters from Walpole and Bellows Falls and Westminster, Vt., to bring the fire under control.
Hurlburt said they likely could have prevented about half the damage if the fire engine could have gotten up the 1,100-foot driveway faster.
Hurlburt said Fletcher and his son are staying with relatives; the home was insured.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Backyard boulder kills Raymond homeowner - 1
- Merrimack police find car sticking into road, charge man - 0
- Police say impairment and speed not factors in fatal crash in Conway - 0
- Manchester man sustains life-threatening injuries in Bedford crash - 0
- Barrington man, 41, dies in cycle crash - 0
- Bay State man hurt in Ripley Falls fall - 0
- Veteran Arizona officer named Rindge police chief - 3
- NH gun license form must change, critics say - 10
- Rimmon Heights honors Manchester Community Policing Division - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- NH Motor Speedway to again host two Sprint Cup Series weekends in 2015 - 0
- St. Anselm football players practice ini August heat - 0
- White, Glenn lift Fisher Cats over Harrisburg, 6-4 - 0
- KSC field hockey first in coaches poll - 0
- New England Patriots guard Mankins traded to Tampa for TE Wright - 0
- NH Fisher Cat Lee still striving for making it to the major leagues - 0
- Former city restaurateur gets jail sentence for sex assault - 0
- Former high school art teacher gets suspended sentence in drug case - 0
- New Manchester school district standards to give teachers more leeway - 0
Backyard boulder kills Raymond homeowner
Market Basket: 'So close, yet so far'
Reports: Market Basket doomsday plan would shutter 61 of 71 stores if deal not struck soon
GOP for legal pot? Hemignway's high help
Ohio's Rob Portman: GOP can win back Senate