Home » News » Public Safety
Smoke alarm saves three adults from Center Harbor fire
Fire Chief Leon Manville said town firefighters were joined by crews from eight Lakes Region fire departments in fighting a blaze that broke out at a single-family home shortly after 3 a.m. at 311 Daniel Webster Highway.
The fire started in an addition to the approximately 1,500-square-foot home, Manville said.
“It started in an addition that was up on posts, it had no foundation,” Manville said.
The cause of the fire is not known, he said, but the fire is not considered suspicious in nature.
When firefighters arrived at about 3:15 a.m., he said, there was “heavy fire in the addition.”
“We mounted an aggressive interior attack, and we were able to keep the fire from spreading too much. It was contained to the addition,” he said.
The three adults living in the home managed to get out, as one heard a smoke alarm and woke the others up. When firefighters arrived, the three occupants were outside the home, Manville said, watching the flames.
Inspectors were looking at the home Saturday morning to see if it is still inhabitable, he said. Meanwhile, the occupants of the home were being aided by the Red Cross, he said, with living arrangements.
Center Harbor firefighters were joined by fire departments from Meredith, Moultonboro, Holderness, Ashland, Laconia, New Hampton, Sanbornton and Gilford.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Pinkerton student taken to hospital after being hit by car - 0
- Heroin overdoses claim two in Laconia - 0
- Concrete chunk falls onto sidewalk from Elm Street building in Manchester - 0
- Traffic, parking complaints related to Hollis farm stand - 0
- Crews still working on replacing poles after accident - 0
- Woman, 56, struck by car in Laconia accident - 0
- Manchester police investigate two crashes involving two cruisers - 3
- Boy on scooter hits moving vehicle, taken to hospital - 0
- State police: Vermont man drove 111 mph on I-89 - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- School's out for voters - 0
- Kuster's abortion lies: Claims against Garcia are untrue - 0
- Brown, Shaheen run hardest where support is deepest - 0
- Drew Cline: GOP missed opportunities could mean trouble on Tuesday - 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: Demaryius Thomas is x-factor for Broncos' offense - 0
- MVP Bumgarner rides to the rescue for Giants' third World Series win in five years - 0
- College Football: Big Green ready for tussle with Harvard - 0
- Report: Cubs will hire Joe Maddon as manager - 0
- Pastoral Counseling Services honors Good Samaritans - 0
The Obamaconomy: Shea-Porter shows its flaw