Home » News » Public Safety
Smoke alarm saves three adults from Center Harbor fire
Fire Chief Leon Manville said town firefighters were joined by crews from eight Lakes Region fire departments in fighting a blaze that broke out at a single-family home shortly after 3 a.m. at 311 Daniel Webster Highway.
The fire started in an addition to the approximately 1,500-square-foot home, Manville said.
“It started in an addition that was up on posts, it had no foundation,” Manville said.
The cause of the fire is not known, he said, but the fire is not considered suspicious in nature.
When firefighters arrived at about 3:15 a.m., he said, there was “heavy fire in the addition.”
“We mounted an aggressive interior attack, and we were able to keep the fire from spreading too much. It was contained to the addition,” he said.
The three adults living in the home managed to get out, as one heard a smoke alarm and woke the others up. When firefighters arrived, the three occupants were outside the home, Manville said, watching the flames.
Inspectors were looking at the home Saturday morning to see if it is still inhabitable, he said. Meanwhile, the occupants of the home were being aided by the Red Cross, he said, with living arrangements.
Center Harbor firefighters were joined by fire departments from Meredith, Moultonboro, Holderness, Ashland, Laconia, New Hampton, Sanbornton and Gilford.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Rochester 10-year-old, grandmother escape fire in home with no smoke detectors - 0
- Authorities say smoking ignited oxygen in Derry apartment building fire - 1
- Motorcyclist flown to Maine hospital following crash on Route 125 - 0
- Londonderry police to open station to residents - 0
- Affair, threats alleged in Weare police chief investigation - 9
- Cause of 3-alarm Derry fire remains under investigation - 0
- Claremont police warn public about suspicious soda bottles - 1
- Mechanical failure ruled out in fatal plane crash that claimed lives of two Kingston men - 0
- UPDATED: Cause of three-alarm Derry blaze under investigation - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Kuster, Shea-Porter split on vote to arm Syrian rebels - 0
- Man arrested in White Park stabbing in Concord - 0
- Two arrested, car and cash seized in SWAT raid, drug bust at South Mammoth Road home in Manchester - 2
- Dean Kamen is a genius inventor, and he's pretty good at oratory, too - 3
- Tom Herzig's Trackside: Modified tour is shortened - 0
- Patriots Notebook: Pats wary of veteran playmaker Woodson - 0
- College Football: Expect offense when Richmond, UNH meet - 0
- Young fighters' dreams on display tonight at Fight to Educate - 0
- Drew Cline: When Republicans turn off Republicans - 7
Two arrested, car and cash seized in SWAT raid, drug bust at South Mammoth Road home in Manchester
Keene man charged with assault on 2-year-old
Another View -- Bill Duncan: What did the NH Supreme Court really say about private school funding?
Every vote counts: Here is the proof
Casino gambles: Hopes dashed all over
Mark Hayward's City Matters: Dean Kamen is a genius inventor, and he's pretty good at oratory, too