NH officials again request options for Northern Pass path
The Scoping Report was released three weeks ago, but not the addendum, prompting the state's two senators and two representatives to restate their request to have the route information released as soon as possible.
The DOE agreed to issue the addendum regarding alternative routes in response to two previous letters from the New Hampshire delegation in August and in January.
"We were pleased that DOE agreed to our previous request that the agency release an addendum to the Scoping Report ... . This is an important step in the review process that will apprise interested parties of the preliminarily identified alternatives to the project as proposed and prepare stakeholders for the draft environmental impact statement that your agency anticipates releasing in late 2014," states the letter.
According to the Scoping Report released on March 12, New Hampshire residents submitted the majority of the 7,560 comments received during the public hearings on the plan to bring 1,200 megawatts of hydroelectric power from Quebec into the New England grid through New Hampshire.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Hollis officials seek to protect conservation lands from pipeline project - 0
- Funding for Berlin wind farm up for council hearing Wednesday - 1
- City landfill could host state’s largest solar farm - 5
- Plans for Manchester solar array project move forward - 0
- Utilities offer tips to help fight high winter energy costs - 0
- Bracing for the heating season throughout New Hampshire - 1
- Firewood scarcity driven by demand throughout NH - 2
- Hopkinton wood program is neighbor to neighbor - 0
- Fire marshal OKs Groton Wind operations after deeming facility safe - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- John Habib's City Sports: St. Thomas coach: I owe Central - 0
- Armed burglar from Derry sentenced to prison - 0
- 'Bingo hunting' police use random license plate checks to make arrest - 0
- Bedford police investigating burglary at Verizon Wireless store - 0
- Police: Manchester man charged with endangering child after going 101 mph - 0
- FairPoint customer concerned about blocked emails - 0
- Plaistow narrows field in search for its new police chief - 0
- Man faces robbery, assault charges after extradition from NY - 0
- Hershey Bears shut out Monarchs - 0
Hershey Bears shut out Monarchs
School's out for voters