NH officials again request options for Northern Pass path
The Scoping Report was released three weeks ago, but not the addendum, prompting the state's two senators and two representatives to restate their request to have the route information released as soon as possible.
The DOE agreed to issue the addendum regarding alternative routes in response to two previous letters from the New Hampshire delegation in August and in January.
"We were pleased that DOE agreed to our previous request that the agency release an addendum to the Scoping Report ... . This is an important step in the review process that will apprise interested parties of the preliminarily identified alternatives to the project as proposed and prepare stakeholders for the draft environmental impact statement that your agency anticipates releasing in late 2014," states the letter.
According to the Scoping Report released on March 12, New Hampshire residents submitted the majority of the 7,560 comments received during the public hearings on the plan to bring 1,200 megawatts of hydroelectric power from Quebec into the New England grid through New Hampshire.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- David Harsanyi: The senators who really threaten America - 1
- Your Turn, NH -- Ted Menswar Jr.: How Manchester pulled together to honor one of its greats - 1
- Jonah Goldberg: Is the Islamic State really un-Islamic? - 1
- George Will: Scotland's epic vote - 1
- Charles Krauthammer: Obama's uncertain trumpet, again - 0
- Maureen McDonald: Ray Rice and the everyday problem of domestic violence - 1
- Another View -- Jason Bedrick: An important court victory for parents and taxpayers - 3
- Thomas Sowell: Mob rule economics is bad for everyone - 8
- George Will: Eviscerating the 1st Amendment is extremism - 5
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Pair accused in Hampstead home invasion also face witness tampering charges - 0
- Gunman hits Circle K convenience store in Durham - 0
- Suicide car bomber kills 3 foreign troops in Afghan capital; Taliban claims responsibility - 0
- City officials to review proposed 'spice' ban - 0
- Widow of chiropractor killed this summer says fatal shooting was no accident - 0
- Manchester's Delana Curtis is left out in the cold - 0
- Another View -- Sharon Day: The Democrats' claim to be the party for women is just not believable - 3
- Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: Brady a realist - 0
- Burning rubber: And public dollars - 0
Mexican man pleads guilty in international conspiracy to traffic hundreds of pounds of cocaine
DWI license revocations
Another View -- Sharon Day: The Democrats' claim to be the party for women is just not believable
Strategery: A war by any other name
Freeh dumb: Favoritism in Vt.?
Seabrook mom pleads not guilty by reason of insanity to attempted murder of her two children