Katie McQuaid's Scene in Manchester: Toss out computer, not your info
Volunteer opportunities don't just drop out of the sky. Well after you start volunteering, it may seem that way. But where do you start? What group should you support with your time? And what kind of commitment does it involve?
The most flavorful night of the year
Foodies will unite at the Radisson on Wednesday, April 16, when nearly 60 restaurateurs from across the state share samples of their work for the annual Taste of the Nation.
Entertainment will be provided by the Lakes Region Big Band and, if you still think it's a good idea to get your picture taken after all that eating and drinking, SweetShot Photography will provide a photo booth.
NH365.ORG Event of the Week
Finally, books from the library you don't have to return. The Manchester City Library is holding its $10 A Bag Book Sale Saturday, from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m.
If you have an interesting item for Scene in Manchester, write to Scene@UnionLeader.com.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- U.S. says Islamic State video of journalist's killing is authentic - 0
- No paper on Monday; check UnionLeader.com for updated, breaking news - 0
- Concord attorney Leahy dies - 0
- Robin Williams’ ashes are scattered in San Francisco Bay - 0
- Syracuse, Iowa crowned top party schools - 0
- Parking fines cause disputes, raise revenues - 1
- Jon Cavaiani dies at 70; desperate stand in '71 led to Medal of Honor - 0
- Meriam Ibrahim, family welcomed as long journey ends in Manchester - 2
- Moose International files suit to claim Claremont lodge - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Review of West High intruder case to be behind closed doors - 0
- Another View -- Daniel Barrick: Manchester's schools face some serious challenges - 0
- Racism in Lincoln? Looks more like ignorance - 0
- Representing whom? Jeanne Shaheen, leftist icon - 0
- Chiefly, Pats are horrible in Monday night blowout in K.C. - 0
- NHIAA Roundup: Double-overtime goal sends Goffstown past John Stark in boys' soccer - 0
- UNH gridders jump one spot in national polls - 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Sox Beat: Offseason needs aplenty - 0
- NHIAA Field Hockey: Merrill's hat trick lifts Winnacunnet - 0
Dredging planned for Milford's Osgood Pond
Racism in Lincoln? Looks more like ignorance